What is considered good traffic rank for website

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by night rider, Aug 2, 2013.

1. night rider

night rider

i am working on website from some days.and doing research on many different but related topics.
    and this is one of them that is making me curious.i would be v interested in knowing what is a good traffic rank for a website.specially add to cart in my case.
    and is there any authentic way to find out your exact traffic standing.i am using different website like alexa and web worth.
    and they are certainly very helpful too.
    please if u have your own website and if u think your post can be helpful for me then please type and let me know what u think.
  2. night rider

night rider

am i talking to walls ?
  3. Simple Aquatics

Simple Aquatics

Do you have Google Analytics's linked to your site with webmaster tools enabled? Tells you a great deal
    night rider likes this.
  4. psxgamer

psxgamer

Traffic rank doesn't matter, it's all about conversion. Better to have 100 where 50% buys somehting then a zillion visitors without a single sale.
    night rider likes this.
  5. night rider

night rider

yes i have them
  6. night rider

night rider

how do i increase the conversion rate ?
  7. night rider

night rider

how do i increase the conversion rate ?
  8. psxgamer

psxgamer

There is no magic solution for this.

Trying to attract the right kind of traffic, a clean website design, clear contact info,...
  9. night rider

night rider

great...i am looking to get my website redesigned.but i dont know how much i need to invest.i am looking it to be as economic as possible.its an add to cart website.
    any idea ?
  10. psxgamer

psxgamer

You have 3 options:
    1. Hire a webdesign company to build you a website based on the shopping cart this company uses = very costly
    2. Go for one of the hosted shopping carts: cost vary according to bandwidth and availabel harddisc space. The more traffic, the more product the more expensive but certainly not very expensive to start out. Some will ask a 1% selling fee
    3. Go for one of the many free shopping carts (Opencart, Prestashop, Cubecart,..): they are open source and free to use. The only start up cost you will have is a template to give your website a look that matches your products. Some templates are free. You can find very decent looking template for $ 30 - $ 50

" I'm looking to have my website redesigned"

Means you already have hosting and a domain.

2 years ago I was like you. Wanted my own website but didn't know where to start. The advice I can give everybody is to start with one of the free shopping carts. They offer about everything you need to start your own e-commerce site. Once your website is more established you can always go for something custom made.

I run a heavely modded Opencart website. Invested more then € 600 in my template, extentions and some custom work and plan to invest even more. It's hard to say which is the best shopping cart. In my case Opencart offers everything I need.

Don't expect to put a website online and wait for the customers to come. This isn't how it works. Setting up the website and adding the products is the easiest part.

One of the most important thing is to read all info about SEO you can find. The most important SEO you can do yourself. An SEO optimised website will generate (free) traffic through Google.
  11. night rider

night rider

currently i am working on my seo.paying some guy who is teaching me how to do it...and i can see the progress too...from zero traffic we have been able to bring it to 20-25 visitors a day.alexa rank was 24 million when we started and now its below 3 million.and there is still so much todo.so i thought now is the time to get me website properly designed.but i dont want to spend much on designing too...so i wanted suggestions about it.
  12. Erik

Erik

You could outsource the design if you would like, you could take a look at a person who would be willing to do it for you. You could be looking at sites like odesk for this, though I am unsure how will the finished design will look like. The thing about a webdesign company is that you could have multiple conversations with them on how you would like your site to look. Though who knows? You may be able to find a freelancer able to do this for you and edit the design as much as you would like to.
  13. Ewan_ts

Ewan_ts

Traffic= organic+CPC+referral+direct
    organic=landing pages+non landing pages
    So: Organic traffic to landing page is the most important.

It is worth spending more money on a quality website. Once your website is user friendly, it is easier to optimise.
    In terms of CTR. CPC 2% is ok. More than 2% is better. Organically 3-5% is ok. Here is a good read about CTR: *************************************************************************
    night rider likes this.
  14. night rider

night rider

great posts.thank you very much.