What is your experience with affiliate programs

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Ivan Zhekov, May 9, 2013.

1. Ivan Zhekov

Ivan Zhekov

Hi everyone,

I am looking to raise an audience and brand recognition for a StartUp i have been working on. As a part of the process I intend to use the services of Affiliate networks.

Would you recommend it? Did you have positive or negative experience with a specific service provider?

I would appreciate any feedback on the matter.

Thanks.
  2. eAuction

eAuction

They certainly are a slow burner, if you have a good product and are willing to give away a good percentage to entice affiliates then it may work for you - all depends on the product.
  3. Erik

Erik

4. dsben

dsben

I believe paidonfesults work with small merchants
  5. Andy777

Andy777

I'm working on both sides - as an affiliate for some specific products, affiliate websites and as a merchant hosting my own affiliate programs.

I don't like large networks like Cj.com as a merchant as they cost so much to run + don't think you won't get any problems with them as you will AND you still have to do affiliate recruiting job! Yeah, large brands can spend 10k on one network, then 10k on another but for most small to medium sized businesses that's out of question.

With networks or your own program - you need to have a dedicated Affiliate manager! If you don't have it, it's basically a waste of your time and resources.