1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

What payment gateway shall I use for my Shopify website?

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by carlycarly9, Aug 4, 2013.

1. carlycarly9

carlycarly9

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of building a website using Shopify, its been a long process as I haven't a clue about web design so I'm starting to come across a few things I'm not sure of. I can set Paypal up fine but I would also like to add a credit/debit card gateway, I don't want to just use paypal, I want something which will be easy for the customer to pay quickly and also something thats not going to cost me a fortune.......any recommendations????

Thanks x
  2. Katie Isom

Katie Isom

I decided not to go with Shopify as my ecommerce site, but while doing research, several folks told me to check into Stripe as my payment gateway...might want to check it out. Good luck! :)
  3. carlycarly9

carlycarly9

Thankyou, I'll take a look now......just out of interest is there any reason you decided against shopify? I tried 123 reg and ekmpowershop and so far prefer Shopify but I'm only in my trial period so I still have chance to look elsewhere :)
  4. Katie Isom

Katie Isom

I had narrowed my options to Shopify and Bigcommerce. I spent quite a bit of time looking closely at both platforms. They are fairly similar, it really came down to our budget. Both plans have tiered pricing plans, and each plan allows a certain # of products to be listed. Shopify counts each product variation (each size, color, style choice) as a product. Bigcommerce counts the "parent" products only, not each variation, which is important to us since we're selling shoes. We could end up with a TON of products by using Shopify and that puts us in the most expensive plan.
    Also, I spoke with several reps from Bigcommerce, and for me to start taking payments, all I have to do is fill out a page to customize my payment preferences. That sounds really easy to me, and takes away alot of the headache associated with the payment process. Other than that, I did like many of the features of Shopify, and I've heard it's very easy to set up and implement. I have really only heard good things about both, it was just more of a budget issue for us in the long run.
  5. Katie Isom

Katie Isom

One more thing....I have been told that setting up the store on Shopify is easier for those of us with no website or technical experience (like me!). Bigcommerce does take a little more know-how. Since I have a website designer, that wasn't really a dealbreaker.
  6. JONAH212

JONAH212

Hi there,

I have seen a company called Sage pay which Provides smaller online businesses with the facility to accept credit and debit cards online. No monthly or annual fees, only a transaction charge. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mr J
  7. carlycarly9

carlycarly9

Thanks guys......it's quite daunting when its all very new....... I will have a look into both those payment options x
  8. Katie Isom

Katie Isom

Tell me about it! I am very new to this as well, and it can get overwhelming really fast....this forum has been great to answer many questions for me. Good luck!!
    Childsplay likes this.
  9. Gokou

Gokou

We use Paypal Payments Pro. Although it's also part of Paypal, all the customer will see is a debit/credit card screen. We chose it for convenience as it was all rolled into 1 account for Paypal.
    £20.00 per month
  10. Gokou

Gokou

I just set up a new shop using Shopify (for a different range of products). It was much quicker than doing it with BigCommerce but also note that they charge 2% per transaction.

So far I am happy with both. I also trialled 3DCart but at the moment I'm being overwhelmed because there's so much you can customise in there!
    Katie Isom likes this.
  11. Katie Isom

Katie Isom

Good to know! I haven't heard of Paypal Payments Pro. I'm going to check into that!
  12. Monica Jenner

Monica Jenner

**************************** this website have more than 200 payment gateways to choose, you can read reviews and pricing also. I hope this will help you.