1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

What popular clothing brands are restricted in Australia?

Discussion in 'Legal, Insurance, Employment and Health & Safety' started by HDAus, May 25, 2012.

1. HDAus

HDAus

Are there any brand name clothing that anyone knows for a fact that i would not be allowed to sell in Australia?
    Most people say as long as i get the clothing from a verified distributor there would be no problem, but im finding it hard to get info on this. I dont want to order a big amount of stock and then get an email to say STOP what your doing right now!.. maybe someone has a link etc that they have found regarding this as im sure there are brands which have given some companies exclusive rights for a certain country/region..
  2. james7536

james7536

You'd have to talk to the brand themselves to find out if there are any geographic boundaries on selling their product. I do know that some of our Australian stores have exclusivity contracts on certain products they are selling. When selling snapbacks I found this with the likes of Mitchell and Ness and New Era. But no, there are no official regulation saying you can't sell Abercrombie & Fitch or ASOS in Australia- it's whatever the brand tells you.
  3. megadanny1

megadanny1

selling stuff you bought from the brand/distributor in another country without permission is called the grey-market
    i
    it happens quite a bit but you may run into problems if you are selling on ebay or selling huge quantities against the brands wishes, see the Tesco Vs Levi jeans case,