What program should I use for email marketing?

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by photor245, Sep 7, 2012.

1. photor245

photor245

I now have a lot of customer email addresses, what program would you recomend to use for email marketing ?
  2. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Aweber or Mailchimp but make sure that the email addresses you have collected have opted in to email marketing. If you send unsolicited mail you will run the risk of breaking spam mail laws.
    GlobeTradex likes this.
  3. photor245

photor245

Absolutely..I wish everyone did this then I wouldnt get so much damn spam every morning...
    Thanks
  4. Sands5

Sands5

5. Digitalfever

Digitalfever

6. photor245

photor245

Brilliant...

1 question, why use aweber for $19 a month when mailchimp is free ? am i missing something ?
  7. Gary

Gary

If you are I am too as I use mailchimp, been fine for my needs
  8. Andy777

Andy777

First and most important reason - Mailchimp's free account doesn't come with an auto responder feature. And that's a HUGE difference.
  9. Jed

Jed

I use Mailchimp, I do find some of their templates hard to work with but thats only a minor issue.
  10. jack2230

jack2230

11. Importing from china

Importing from china

constantcontact offer great html templates when you come to design your email
    It is also not too difficult to get lists of email uploaded.
    They also offer a good starter number of emails for free so you can test your market

Other services offer good deliverability because they use what are called Grade A mail servers, where subscribers have double opted in
    1shoppingcart and aweber are 2 examples

art
  12. MicroTech

MicroTech

For me, Mailchimp did not work so well, actually it was terrible.

What it offers and the format it offers it in, is very impressive.... I think i even paid for a certain service also.

But it just doesn't work...

When I sent emails they all got sent, and it showed they had been opened, but I hardly had any replies... So following a few emails I contacted some regular customers who always welcome emails from me, and do a lot of business... They told me they never got any emails from me. Following which I checked with others on my list and so many people never even got the email.... Although it showed they had been and read.

So I use vertical response, yes it costs more and you pay based on the number of contacts you have - but works.
  13. Andy777

Andy777

Yes, this is actually a HUGE problem with almost any email service and it's so hard to actually know how much emails get delivered in real life.

With that being said, I'm with aWeber and they also are very good and have one of the industry's highest deliverability rates. At least that's what they say, lol

It could be that your messages was marked as spam but then again it shouldn't show in the stats that those emails were opened (as for email to be counted as Open, the tracking pixel must be loaded - which is way I don't trust this indicator at all as in gMail for example, images are not loaded by default).
  14. Import Expert

Import Expert

We used to use Constant Contact but now use dotMailer - Not had much to compare it to but seems to do the job.
  15. MicroTech

MicroTech

You are right even with this one, there is many that bounce. However we get many replies etc from customers so happy with it.
    The ones that bounce are odd, as customers ask to be added, we add and then it bounces.

But the mail chimp, was defo odd because it showed opened.

Constant contact is one that is used a lot in the industry.

Aweber, I used for a while but left , I can't remember why I left now.
  16. James and James

James and James

Vertical Response is good if you are using Salesforce as your customer accounts can be updated automatically with the results. On the down side the design features are poor, unless you are a code expert. I use Mailchimp and pay for the features.
  17. EJames

EJames

People recommending Mailchimp make me laugh

I've been email marketing for 4 months now and I've built up 2 tight sales funnels and a list of around 8k converting at around 0.8$/opt in so slightly below the 1$/opt in conversion average. Aweber or Getresponse. Use Mailchimp and prepare to loose your email list in the future.
  18. Andy777

Andy777

I like your style.

As an IM, you should know that Aweber and Getresponse is child's play compared to Infusionsoft or Office Auto Pilot or similar.

Mailchimp works for most eBay/eCommerce start-ups as it's simple to use and most importantly offers that free account. You can't blame people for using it.

I personally use aWeber and Office Auto Pilot but I won't call Mailchimp users stupid names as each to it's own.
  19. EJames

EJames

If people put in the the basic effortless research they will see the problems Mailchimp can/will cause to serious email marketers. Personally it cost me an estimated 30k as I lost a healthy email list, but it's an amateur mistake we all have to learn at the start of our journey.
  20. EJames

EJames

Also I'm not aware of Infusionsoft or Office Auto Pilot, they look tailored to larger scale projects and organisations.