1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

What solution do I need?

Discussion in 'E-Commerce' started by alex6t2, Sep 16, 2017.

1. alex6t2

alex6t2

Hi,

I am a wholesaler and currently sell offline (phone, email and face to face) and have been managing orders, inventory and invoicing etc on separate spreadsheets in excel which is very time consuming and is now getting in the way of progress.

In addition, I now want to start selling through the following channels:

Wholesale
    - online on my B2B website
    - offline via phone orders etc
    Retail
    - online on a separate B2C website
    - online marketplaces like ebay, amazon, facebook etc.

I am just concerned that I will be left with multiple disjointed systems with separate transaction records like orders, invoices, payment records etc and will have to maintain separate stock inventory records and there will be duplication of customer records. I am looking for a clever way to centralise everything (or as much as possible) and preferably not have to use excel for anything like invoice creation etc - it's too cumbersome.

What system / solution do I need? Will solutions like shopify or woocommerce help me or do I need something more comprehensive?

Thanks.
  2. Erik

Erik

Hi Alex,

Definitely an eCommerce solution is something you need. Maybe look at these programs like Linnworks by @Linn Systems . There are other solutions out there as well, you just have to search and see what would work for you best.

Good luck with your business!
  3. Cody

Cody

You can always give iPages a little research too. They're pretty cheap compared to most competitors in the market.
  4. Lincs001

Lincs001

Hi, we had the same questions. The result we have is a WP site that is simple to navigate and easy-2-use CMS. Add payment integration via Stripe that is multi-platform (integrated and direct) and you can basically process orders as you wish. Invoicing/billing is integrated. ...and anything specific is available with plugins from 3rd parties. We have integrated DHL live pricing for example. Simple setup process. One-click label printing. Everything viewable via WP desktop. A WP site can be setup by somebody that knows what they are doing in about 10 minutes. If you know layout and have a good idea of what you want in regards to cosmetics, there are many unbranded free themes that work. Not to forget that WP is automatically dynamic and mobile-friendly too. All in all very cost effective and grants a single management area for all aspects of ordering/billing. CSV data can be exported easily. Stripe platform logs all data and has extra functions of automation, if needed.
  5. Lincs001

Lincs001

Note: If one wants to process payments in any way (directly), SSL certificates and a dedicated IP are required to fulfil compliance standards. If in place, the Stripe authorisation can be done in about 30 minutes.