1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

What'd you think of the name "Robust"?

Discussion in 'Retail Business Advice and start ups' started by SteveFrogins, Sep 23, 2019.

1. SteveFrogins

SteveFrogins

Hi! I am a novice entrepreneur, working in the financial sector. What do you think of “Robust” as the name of my new project? I would like to check this out, so any feedback really helps.
    I would be glad if you share your opinion.
    Thank you very much!
  2. Import Expert

Import Expert

A business is not 'The Apprentice' so the name very much depends on what you are trying to achieve - What's the product/service / Are their relevant domain names available / What's the Competition, etc.?
  3. SteveFrogins

SteveFrogins

Thanks for the answer! I came up with a new model of financial p2p-marketplace. Clear, legal and secure for all participants.
  4. Dan G

Dan G

I think something key to consider nowadays is - is the URL and social media handle available? Also has it already been registered at companies house? Assuming you have ambitions to grow these things will become important quite quickly. Also the only thing about 'Robust' is it is quite a buzzword in the development and tech community for software building - though that might be what you're going for, not necessarily bad connotations.
  5. Jed

Jed

I think the name 'Robust' is far far too general to start with so I would rule it out on that basis immediately.

As @Dan G and @Import Expert have both said, unfortunately with all the domain hoarders around (I have a deep hate for them) you have to base your name on what domains you can get hold of, not ideal but it's the situation we live in.
    Dan G likes this.
  6. Rita Berg

Rita Berg

Have you researched your business concept to determine if there is a need for it in the marketplace?