1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

What's the deal with companies pretending to be an Ltd?

Discussion in 'Legal, Insurance, Employment and Health & Safety' started by T D Sales, Feb 24, 2013.

1. T D Sales

T D Sales Banned Member

So whats the deal if i know of a company (or a person as they are self employed) but they have a web address ending with ltd, i know they are not a ltd company so isnt this illegal, what trouble could they get into.
  2. uhafmail

uhafmail

You could report them to Trading Standards for passing themselves off as a LTD company when they are not.

But my advice would be to concentrate on your business :)
    Dan_De_luxe likes this.
  3. T D Sales

T D Sales Banned Member

Its not like that Tom as such, its a person i know who is in the situation, i would not report them but i pointed the mistake out to them (as they claim they didnt know) now they are having a panic up thinking they might go to prison or something lol.

Hence my question ;)
  4. uhafmail

uhafmail

Didn't think it sounded like you!

In reality he should change it because its technically false advertising as well.
  5. T D Sales

T D Sales Banned Member

I know im all lovable and hugable just like a teddy bear ;)
  6. Unitedtelcom

Unitedtelcom

Is it likely that he has give himself the Limited title to sound more credible?
  7. Bizi

Bizi

or he can change his name by deed poll and use Limited as sirname, then he will have a valid point saying e.g im Tom Limited :p
    roseyrebel likes this.