1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Whats the point?

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by JNDesignSolutions, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

I've just realised someone (probably competition) has derated my threads in the marketplace to put people off using me as their designer.

I know this wasn't any of my clients as everyone of them has been extremely happy with the work I have completed for them, so this is obviously a pathetic attempt to degrade my services... to be honest it probably will as people will look at the rating and be put off by "3 stars".
  2. woodleyB

woodleyB

Might be worth asking Anthony if it is completely anonymous, and then you can see whether it was a customer or not.
    You could encourage your customers to give an honest rating, and hope it could boost it back up.
  3. Alan

Alan

I agree with WoodleyB here speak to Anthony about it.
  4. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

Done that now. It's frustrating however as I can't see it being ANY of my customers as all of them have been very pleased I doubt they would do this. I honestly think it was competition but i'm sure Anthony will be able to tell.
  5. Quad Band Phone

Quad Band Phone

Good luck on that. I feel really bad as so many of the sellers on this site are good lads and lasses, but some are cutthroat in any setting. I am sure that it is against TWF policy to purposely down rate people and Anthony will help you deal with it.
  6. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

Thanks, I hope your right!

Another thing, they MUST have rated it one star for it to average out on 3 stars... It was already 5 stars so someone must have put one star which is rated as "terrible" in order to de rate it to 3 stars.
  7. LouisW

LouisW

Sorry to hear about this. It's frustrating when someone is doing their best to succeed and provide a decent service, and then underhand tactics come into play. These sorts of tactics have been mentioned on this forum a few times this year, and it's annoying.

Just playing devil's advocate though, could it just be possible that someone unknowing of the consequences has read your thread and given their rating?

Let's see what Anthony says as this could happen to any advertiser on here.
  8. Tracy

Tracy

Thats pretty sad isn't it..

btw Jay, sorry i just rated you 5 stars to see if it would cancel out the 3, but it pushed it up to 4, didn't mean to mess it up.

And this is a genuine rating as i think you have some great designs.
  9. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

Thanks everyone and Tracy for the rating :) I guess 4 is better than 3!

I wouldn't create this thread if I didn't think it was someone trying to degrade myself as they may see me as competition. I have completed work for about 8-10 clients so far on the forums and I have not had to do more than one mock-up and all have been very happy so I honestly cannot see them doing this. The only two possibilitys I can think of is rather:

1. Another designer has done it.
    2. Some newbie to the forums who doesn't know what he is doing has done it for the fun of it, not knowing the consequences it will have on me!

I guess i'll have to wait for Anthony to see what he says. Pity there are people that would do this for no reason. I have never rated a thread below 5 since i've been on the forums especially one that is in the marketplace.
  10. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

Sorry for the double post I just want to thank the other person who rated a 5 for me to help bump this back up. ;) Some great people on the forums. Only a small minority are not so great. :eek:
  11. Quad Band Phone

Quad Band Phone

Yeah. I thought you deserved a 5 :)

You are good people.
  12. Saajan

Saajan

I had noticed that as well James.

Anthony would be able to see who rated it and would give an infraction to that person.

Just to clarify, I am innocent in this. I'm one of your competitors but I personally would not do such a thing as it's very stupid.
  13. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

Don't worry mate :) I know someone like yourself wouldn't.
  14. Tracy

Tracy

You found out who it was yet Jay?
  15. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

Nope, Anthony still hasn't got back. He's a busy bee.
  16. Pete

Pete

I have been selling hosting on here for years and have maintained demo shopping carts that I would link people to just to get the feel for them. Been doing it for years.

In the last 90 days or so, each time I suggest someone go to them I hear back that they cannot get in. Some low-life here is going in and changing the passwords.

While I would bet I know who that low-life is, I don't want to make a big deal out of it and spend time checking IPs and such. It's just a shame there are people like that here.

You certainly have my sympathy. I'm sure you can overcome something as obvious as this.
  17. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

Thanks mate, it's beyond me where people acually get a kick out of this, people like me and yourself spend alot of time and energy into getting somthing going for themselves then idiots like this come along and try to ruin it. Sad thing is, they usually succeed. However atleast in my case Anthony will hopefully be able to provide me with a name even hopefully remove the rating and get my thread back to 5 stars while giving the user an infraction.

To be honest i'm suprised at the support people are giving me. I expected to get help but I thought i'd get the usual smart joe that says "They can rate what they want, stop crying"... when they obviously don't know the effect this has had on me.

It may just be a coinsidence however I haven't had one pm all day from someone looking a design. The past week not a day went by where I didn't have atleast 2-3 messages (only 1 out of the 3 where usually genuine)

Thanks guys (and girls Tracy :))
  18. Pete

Pete

There's just days like that. You just have to look at the week / month / quarter / year to get a picture. If you look at each day there will be some that send you back to bed. :)
  19. PGC Trading

PGC Trading

Its that time again... nail and head :)

Hope you get this resolved Jay:welldone:
  20. Saajan

Saajan

I've had this happen to me as well. Best way to resolve this is to either manually reset the password every week or two weeks (I'm currently doing that) or set up a cron job to do it for you. I've been trying cron jobs but can't get it to work for some reason.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.