1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Whats the point?

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by JNDesignSolutions, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

Yeah I know there will be days, just a bit of a coinsidence it's this day lol
  2. lighthousedirec

lighthousedirec

Something to consider is a client might have rated you as 1 by mistake, some people manage to get everything back to front.
  3. nicky3clare

nicky3clare

I hope that it was somebody making a mistake rather than somebody actually trying to be underhand James.

I have to say that I have been dissapointed by some reactions of a couple of members recently after receiving PMs after solely contributing to a thread - being underhand is very poor.
  4. Tracy

Tracy

What you mean?
  5. nicky3clare

nicky3clare

Members sending me argumentative PMs - rather than stating that they disagreed with something I said in a post they PM'd me instead. One in particular was pretty insulting! And the other, well they obviously didn't like the fact that people were commenting on poor service - even had the cheek to inquire about stock at the same time!
  6. Tracy

Tracy

What the hell? :@

Thats the 2nd time ive heard of this lately.
  7. nicky3clare

nicky3clare

What do you mean Trace?
  8. rob2010

rob2010

Jay, I am happy to say that the work you have carried out for me so far has been nothing short of excellent. I think it is a disgusting tactic that a member of this forum would downgrade your rating based on a number of motives if this is malicious then they obviously see you as a major threat. If the perpetrator is identified I think it would be a good idea to introduce sanctions such as limiting people's account for a short period initially and if their behaviour continues then their accounts should be sanctioned for longer periods or even banned indefinately! If this is a geniune mistake then fair enough, but I suspect not AND I can say hand on heart it wasn't me.
  9. Pete

Pete

More than likely the same one. I think I've gotten a couple myself.
  10. Tracy

Tracy

I have had shitty pm's from something ive said in a thread and i know of someone else who been told to "stay out the thread if they dont agree with the OP"
  11. Gary

Gary

Totally pathetic if you ask me, I reckon it's about time the kids went out to play land let the adults get on with things!

(by kids and adults, I am referring to mental age)
  12. Quad Band Phone

Quad Band Phone

In regards to nicky and tracy, sometimes I think that if you have a disagreement with a poster, the a PM is a good way to go about it. I really detest it when people air their dirty laundry in public forums (even if it is a bit like a good soap opera!)

However! That by no means means that they should be rude or condescending in their PM. Even when angry at a person, always try to keep it professional. Giving in to our emotions might feel good in the short term, but in the end I think it makes us look like an ass.

sorry for the OT post :)
  13. ZeeRocK

ZeeRocK Banned Member

Pathetic, childish, bizarre, outrageous, ridiculous, absurd, unreasonable.

I think thats enough for now.

Sorry to know that Jay, this particular thread has 2 stars, same person ?
  14. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

I never even realised that lol. Anthony still has to get back to me.
  15. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

Sorry for double post I just want to thank everyone, One of my threads is now back to 5 stars, i highly appreciate it!
  16. Tracy

Tracy

True, but when told to butt out if you disagree with the OP. Is a bit pathetic seeing as this is a forum and ment for discussion and different views.
  17. Anthony

Anthony

Jay, it is not possible for us to know exactly who rated your thread or indeed what rating they issued. This feature is anonymous unless somebody can tell me differently.

Both scenarios are possible, in that, it could be a disgruntled competitor attempting to play hard ball, or it could be a genuine rating from a customer or passer by on reflection of your service or the topic/thread concerned.

I think to assume that it is somebody doing this out of spite or that they have an axe to grind is a little short sighted. Comparatively, it is wrong to assume that the service/thread being discussed is worthy of four or more stars, simply because 'most' of your clients have been extremely happy with your work.

I would concur with the sentiment that this feature is easily abused, although I would hope that a member of our community would not stoop to this level where they are letting some form of disagreement (or other) get in the way of making a genuine opinion on your service. We do, however, have to consider the possibility that there are members among us that would entertain such a notion.

Addition: An idea that could be exercised is to increase the number of votes required on a thread rating before an overall majority score is displayed. At present it only takes one vote to display a majority score (i.e. the stars), we could increase this to two or more quite easily?
  18. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

Fair enough. Not much I can say much to that except I think it is a service thats easily abused and can reflect alot on the goods/services being offered. I have no power in this and now because it's not possible to check who done this people will now think they can do the same with other threads and get away with it.

If it was at all possible I would highly consider removing the rating from the marketplace forums to save this as there are people paying like myself for an advertising membership to have someone with 10 posts come along and degrade the whole service. I think it's slightly unfair. I mean to be perfectly honest I could make a new account now under a new email and go around degrading services in the marketplace, it just doesn't make sence that I should pay for this to happen unpenalised to the perputrator. I do understand you have no power in checking though.
  19. joeyr1969

joeyr1969

To be honest , i don't even look at the star rating.
    Are they really needed as most threads aren't rated anyway.
  20. Quad Band Phone

Quad Band Phone

Well in that case, the guy was just a dip. You are right that the point of a forum is the exchange of ideas and opinions. Telling someone to not be rude to a OP is one thing, but telling people off just coz they have a different view is uncalled for. Sorry you had that happen to you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.