1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Whats the point?

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by JNDesignSolutions, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjwtrade

sjwtrade

Ditto, it's the itrader feedback that I always check.
  2. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

I do. I think the rating is a great thing for discussion threads but when people are paying to offer their services and then some 10 poster comes along and degrades their thread it is easily abused. I'm sure alot of people would agree that it would be a better idea to rid of the rating in the marketplace. To save this.

I'm certainly not saying that this was a 10 poster that done this, it could have been anyone. I highly doubt one of my clients done it though as I said before not "most" but every client so far has been happy and they would see no point in doing this.
  3. Tracy

Tracy

Tbh until this thread, i have only ever rated a thread due to it being funny, or a good article that has been written. Never to express my views on the the actual products being offered in it.

I dont really think it is necessary for the rating to be in the Marketplace threads, as this is what i-Trader is for.
  4. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

I agree, it's an opening for people to abuse. The i-Trader is what really matters.
  5. woodleyB

woodleyB

I dont often look at the rating of threads either, the only ones I ever seem to notice is the 'pinned' 5 star ones.

I've also noticed this thread has a '3 star rating' - is that someones idea of a joke?
  6. Tracy

Tracy

Guess so, sad what amuses some people....
  7. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

Yeah Zee noticed that earlier. Pointless and silly to be honest but well if people have the time to waste their lives then I guess that's what they're gunna do.

I've just realised it's been rated between 1-3 stars three times, seems like it's funny to alot of people, I just hope that if they pay £85 for an advertising membership that their threads are made fun of and de rated.

I'm interested to see if it was acually a possibility to get the rating removed from the marketplace, if Anthony sees that more than one person would prefer this then i'm sure he would sort it.
  8. ZeeRocK

ZeeRocK Banned Member

Could be a hard work for you and the mods but perhaps a rating should be approved first before submitting. Not every thread in every section but only for the Market Place. Like on the online stores, a product review must get the administrator permission to get displayed on the site.
  9. jayjrc

jayjrc

tbh, before i read this thread i never noticed the star rating, i dont think you should take this to heart too much.
  10. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

There are alot of people who do notice it though, like myself I always notice the star rating before this even happened.

I agree Zee although that might be extra work for the mods who are already busy... I think it should just be removed simply from the marketplace, make it a fair place for people paying for memberships. After all you wouldn't accept this if it was bad feedback on eBay it's the same principle.
  11. Tracy

Tracy

Agree with Jay, there is no need for it in the marketplace.
  12. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

People are so childish. My past few threads some idiot is rating them 1... so the person doing this is obviously doing it on purpose, they obviously rated my marketplace threads on purpose.
  13. ZeeRocK

ZeeRocK Banned Member

I also noticed that, every thread you post gets one/two stars. Must be one very sad member.
  14. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

Yeah. It doesn't bother me to be honest although the marketplace ones do, thanks to everyone I managed to get one of the threads back to 5 stars :)
  15. Michael

Michael

I am not going to sit here going back and forth with little posts being accused of 'arguing' so will give my opinion and leave it at that the same way I would with any other member, I convinced myself I was going to stay out of this thread but would like to add the following.

The thread rating feature is there so members can rate thread content, that rating could be based on any of the points below:

Thread content
    Topic
    Layout
    Pictures (which could also include examples of work)
    Spelling and Grammar
    Fonts and colours used (which some might find harder to read)
    Pointless posts within the thread (like people not interested in buying but still blowing smoke up another members ass)

Sorry if I missed any from the list, a major point to consider is that thread ratings are a totally different thing from iTrader ratings so it really makes no difference how happy your 'clients' may have been.

You are correct in saying its wrong if a competitor has rated you with a low score to get at advantage but at the same time you need to remember this is a business forum and at the end of the day business is business and can be cruel at times.

You also need to bear in mind the forum has nearly 50 thousand members of which I would guess less than 0.0005% could even classed as competitors so is statistically much less likely to have been derated by them.

As it has been said above this feature is easily abused but from the following what would you class as abuse of the system?

1. Being derated by a competitor

2. Rating your own thread to get a better score (which can be done and is easily spotted when the thread gets rated within minutes of starting and before it has any replies)

3. Making a big song and dance about being given a low rating and then members purposely rating your thread high to bump it back up.

Now you are trying to say someone is derating all of your threads but this clearly isnt true, in fact (this thread excluded) I can only find one more of your threads that has been rated from the other 3 or 4 threads you have started.

My advice, take it on the chin and move on. Stop acting like the victim and use the feedback to improve anything where possible. The more you make an issue out of such minor things the more people will notice and it could even encourage members to rate your threads low to annoy you.

Wowza, thats a long post. Hope you all enjoy the read.
  16. ZeeRocK

ZeeRocK Banned Member

Nice read and some good points there.
  17. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

Michael you really have it in for me since I made you look like an idiot in that other thread don't you.

First of all I made this thread to see what I could do to get the rating removed, I didn't ask ANYONE to rate my thread. That was their choice, which I appreciated I didn't make a "song and dance" I created a thread in the "Support" section, which since you seem to be very picky on thread is in the SUPPORT section.

I don't care if everyone rated my threads 1 like I said I only care that my threads in the marketplace where rated 1 as potential clients could be put off by this. I have a right to ask this.

It's completely different if you are selling clothes or mp3 players as you are getting what you see but when offering a service a star rating can be quite important.

You should also maybe do your research, the following threads where rated low on purpose to annoy me:

http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk/forum/lounge/87257-will-we-make-4th.html

http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk/forum/support-and-feedback/87239-whats-point.html

http://www.thewholesaleforums.co.uk...-commerce-discussion/87300-rate-new-logo.html

Maybe you should get off your high horse and stop being argumentative and maybe try to help people on the forums. If this for example was a moderator or Anthony or someone with a high post count creating this thread you never in a million years would have posted that. Why don't you just stay away from my threads unless you have something good to say instead of constantly trying to argue. I have no time for people like you.
  18. jayjrc

jayjrc

i actually agree with bellwehther

My advice, take it on the chin and move on. Stop acting like the victim and use the feedback to improve anything where possible. The more you make an issue out of such minor things the more people will notice and it could even encourage members to rate your threads low to annoy you.

your making it an issue it doesnt need to be, you i trader is more important than a thread rating, i only noticed the stars when you highlighted the fact and honestly cant believe this issue is so close to your heart, i think your taking it a bit too seriously, it is just mo, but jeez, get on with making your logos move on and stop worrying about it, in all honesty i am more inclined not to do business with you because of the things in this thread rather than a star rating!
  19. JNDesignSolutions

JNDesignSolutions

I brought this nowhere. I made this thread to get advice, why has it turned into a discussion. I left the post as it was until Michael posted...

I'll leave the thead now and i'm not coming back to it regardless of what is said.
  20. jayjrc

jayjrc

its a forum! why can it not be discussed? you want advice, people are giving it to you! lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.