1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Which forum platform is the best?

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by truereddevil, Oct 23, 2011.

1. truereddevil

truereddevil

Out of the choices underneath what in your opinions would be the best one to go for i mainly want the forum so people can sign up with any avatar they so wish either moving or still and also easy to add links with you tube on really

PhpBB3

PhpBB2

Invision

PunBB

Thanks for any help
  2. Saajan

Saajan

Re: Forums who knows there business on these

Why use forum motion? Your URL would yourforumname.forumotion.com

phpBB, Invision and PunBB are available to download and use on your own domain name.

Out of those three, I would either go for phpBB or Invision.

vBulletin is another good paid option.
  3. truereddevil

truereddevil

Phbb2 or phbb3 and where can u get the downloadable versions from saajan thru google
  4. Twisty

Twisty

Invision out of them choices.

vBulletin is an amazing piece of software and has thousands of free mods developed by the community. Its about £200 for a license but well worth the money if you are serious. Its what TWF use. You can easily build your website/community around it.
  5. Volantary

Volantary

VB is best from what I've used
  6. Gary

Gary

Same here but not used any in a while tbh
  7. game-tec

game-tec

XenForo is miles ahead of the other forum competitors at the moment, it isn't free, but it's pretty much the best PHP forum software at the moment.

http://xenforo.com/
  8. Saajan

Saajan

9. truereddevil

truereddevil

If i started with this as a freebie site then wanted to go onto the vbulletin is it easy just to transfer all the posts and threads etc to the new forum or would you have to start off from scratch again because as you all know i am sure it would take at least 1 year to start off a good forum