Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!

Which technology is best for e-commerce website development?

Discussion in 'E-Commerce and Online Selling' started by Nilesh Kothari, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Nilesh Kothari

Nilesh Kothari

hi,
    I want to make an eCommerce portal for sell my product. but i am bit confused that which platform is best for me that fullfill my requirements. So let me know that which is best for me Magento or shopify.

Thanks
  2. alice camron

alice camron

If you're looking for more customization options with full control to overall things go with Wordpress with Woocommerce.

But if you were to pick from Shopify or Magento, I will suggest you Shopify, Magento will just create more trouble for you with the time goes.

Although, both the platforms have their own limitation, where are on other side, as compare to these two, Wordpress with Woocomerce will provide you more surface on other things as well which can't be able to do so on either of those platforms.

At the end, the choice is yours, Good Luck!
  3. consultant

consultant

What are your requirements?
  4. Perspective Design

Perspective Design

Generally speaking, I would suggest Shopify from those two, but it's hard to say without knowing a bit more about what you are selling.

I wouldn't touch Magento unless you have the budget - Magento support is expensive and the software is a beast. E.g. the recent Magento 1 to 2 upgrades have meant big expense for lots of companies needing support to complete the upgrade.

In comparison, Shopify is a managed solution, so you can focus on running the store, not dealing with technical issues. But there are some drawback - less payment gateway, less customisation without investing in additional apps. Also, if you are looking to internationalise the site in the future then Magenta supports multi currency and multi language.

Hope that is helful!
  5. Erik

Erik

Shopify. Really best for simple setups and those who are just starting up in Ecommerce. But of course, this depends on your needs.

Perhaps selling locally at first then limiting your sales to a few countries, this should be fine. Or if you plan on going bigger at a later date, then Magento could be better for you, albeit quite more complicated to use.
  6. Dan G

Dan G

Magneto is really an enterprise level product - with all the bells and whistles that come with that, but also the complications... Shopify is a simple product at a good price and a great starting point.

I've done this in the past and it took around an hour to set up on a nice simple theme which looked clean and branded.
  7. Nikki Sharma

Nikki Sharma

• Java. Java is a popular object oriented class-based programming language that's used to build eCommerce websites.
    • JavaScript.
    • PHP.
    • Python.
    • CSS.
    • MEAN.
    • Ruby on Rails.
  8. Lauren Hayward

Lauren Hayward

Shopify Platform:

Shopify is a revolutionary ecommerce platform that provides the facility of ease for business owners to sell products online. Shopify platform is a popular platform used by more than 500k users to avail Shopify ecommerce development services worldwide.

Shopify Pros:

• Amazing Storefront Themes- Shopify has mobile ready themes available that can be used for different devices and screen sizes too.
    • Function of App Store- Shopify eases the work of an e-commerce based website through its big application store. It can also enlarge the store functionality.
    • Best Customer Support- Shopify is easy to use and give 24*7*365 support service to its customers. Email and live chat facility is also available to resolve customers problems.
    Shopify Cons:

• Customization Choices- Unlike Magento platform, Shopify has less number of choices available for customization.
    • Issues with App Integration- While integrating applications to Shopify, various issues may arise. This can make a store intricate to sell products/services online.
    • Extra Transaction Charges- To sell products online, Shopify charges a few transaction fees to all business owners online. Although, option of Shopify payment is available.
    Dan G likes this.
  9. PriyankSavani99

PriyankSavani99

As per my requirement, Shopify is best suitable for eCommerce website development. Shopify pricing is exceptionally clear and straightforward.
    Shopify is tied in with delivering you a single, out-of-the-box solution with only a few pricing packages.
  10. Aron Kenyon

Aron Kenyon

Think if you are looking for customization I would suggest Shopify as some Shopify themes have become very flexible with customization.