1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Which UK courier services offer the best & most reliable service?

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Dave Casuals, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Gary

Gary

Re: which UK courier servives offer the best & most reliable service?

Yeah, I've used interparcel, they're pretty good, or there's their sister site sendex if you send more than 10 parcels per day
  2. becky

becky Banned Member

i would like to recommand KILLICK MARTIN GROUP, they are our agent in the uk and they are great.
  3. bobbyp

bobbyp

Don't use TNT.

We had an account with them, we were sending some plastic blenderboxes to a shop called shakeaway, made out of a solid 8mm clear cast acrylic, and 4 of the boxes were damanged, the manager of the shop said the driver was chucking the packages around like tennis balls.

We tried to claim back but nope, as the store owner just signed, you're only covered if you check the package and see it's damaged before singing.

We then rang up TNT to get our agent to come visit us to discuss, and he didn't turn up, we rang him he said he was behind, didn't tell us, so we just cut our loss and left them.
  4. TSP

TSP

I use fastway couriers.

Disadvantages :-

Pre-purchasing stamps - outlay of circ. £2000
    Not all areas covered next day.

Advantages:-

Very personal service - same pick up guy - owns franchise so interested.
    very cheap local delivery to a very wide area.
    Generally good prices.
  5. MJ Distribution

MJ Distribution

We've used DHL and CityLink for 6 months, never had a problem with either.
  6. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

how do you get the weight for your item you want to send on sites like parce2go if you don't have scales to weigh item. I'm trying to get a quote...

I thought there was a method of getting the cubic volume by just the size measurements of the parcel?
  7. Antmeister

Antmeister

i quite like city link there friendly and reliable, i used to use them years ago. Also DHL are quite good aswell
  8. nirvana2013

nirvana2013

I hear what you say about Parcelforce. We’re a small UK business and after much trial and error have settled on using:
    1) Up to 2kg UK and International = Royal Mail
    2) 2-10kg UK = Interlink
    3) Over 10kg UK = World Parcels Ltd
    4) Over 2kg International = World Parcels Ltd
  9. beacon hill

beacon hill

Bit of a late response
  10. dean2016

dean2016

UK MAIL IS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS. I would like to share my recent experience with this company. If i could leave a zero star review I would. I recently bought something from a company who used UK mail as their courier. I paid extra for a 24hour delivery service. They arrived the next day at my elderly parents house with half the order, which was politely refused as there was no way to sign for half the order. The deliver man became both aggressive and abusive towards my parents, then openly told them that he would not redeliver the items again. Over the next TEN days UK mail held my goods in a repeatable cycle of scans and holding bays (clearly seen on the tracking information.) When the company I bought the goods from rang them to find out what was happening, they blatantly lied to him and said they had tried to redeliver the item again but it was refused. They actually fabricated the signature! I offered to send the CCTV footage of the day in question to the company to prove they had not attempted deliver, but he told me he had suffered the same problems with UK mail before, but couldn't find another courier to carry his type of goods or he would have changed couriers services a long time ago. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!
  11. Dean

Dean

I'm sorry you had problems but it's pointless telling everyone to avoid at all costs. If everyone avoided all the couriers that had ever caused someone else a problem, there wouldn't be any couriers left to use!
    Cody likes this.
  12. Nick-D

Nick-D

Yeah but UKMail really are terrible.

We used to use them for about 12 months and every day we were calling about issues, missed deliveries, lost packages. Moved to DPD/Interlink and have called once in the last 6 months.

Ukmail is like the Ryanair of Couriers, they go in cheap but it ends up costing you in the long run, an excess of £50 so that they don't have to pay out much on lost items.

They were charging us £4.20 for a next day delivery, but if items needed to be sent back to us they charged £20.
  13. Dean

Dean

Oh I appreciate others views entirely and they are more than welcome to make them. Its just that last sentence ("avoid at all costs!!") that makes it sound more like a tantrum than an informed view.

In contrast, we use UKMail fairly regularly and have only ever had one problem (out of 100's of deliveries). We also now use Yodel very regularly whereas a few years ago I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole due to the bad feedback floating around.

On the other hand, lots of people swear by Hermes but I won't use them for love nor money!

I guess its for each individual to look at the feedback that is available and make an informed decision on who to use or not.
  14. Parcelhub.co.uk

Parcelhub.co.uk

How many items are you sending daily? Depending on your business location and frequency we may be able to accomodate.