Why was the thread closed

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Just Browsing, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just Browsing

Just Browsing Banned Member

2. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

As soon as the racism subject rears its head threads are normally closed. Thought we might at least have until tomorrow before it was shut but hey ho.

Best leave it alone, wouldnt want anyone getting in trouble.
  3. LazyBrit

LazyBrit

As soon as people start calling people racists becuase they see everything as such then it was going to be closed.

Alex
  4. sport8866

sport8866

5. Just Browsing

Actually that stems from a thread where he was sticking up for a scammer and then started swearing at me.

But if you are that put off by me, you could always ignore me and move onto troll someone else
  6. sport8866

sport8866

Errr yeah nice 1 good night !
  7. Just Browsing

Nite nite
  8. sport8866

sport8866

No I weren't after a reply... muppet
  9. Just Browsing

Actually I think you will find you was not after a reply. Seriously this is a thread to ask why the other one was closed. If you want to pick a fight with someone, go and find a hoodie :D
  10. canada

canada Retired Moderator

A complaint was filed by a forum member,the thread was locked.

Scott
  11. UKbuyer1

UKbuyer1

Probably because threads like that attract a number of different opinions, and it's a topic that is so debatable it results in name calling and individual attacks, si I guess that's why it was closed.
  12. Michael

Michael

I for one am getting bored of the racial/political discussions on here, there are many other forums more suited to it than here so my suggestion would be to take it elsewhere.

At the end of the day this is a business forum and all members would do well to remember this when starting threads, come on..... a non business related rant about the government in the supplier section that quickly turned into a very strong debate about race.... get real!
  13. Michael

Michael

Out of curiosity I would be ineterested to know how many of the people complaining about imigrants in the closed thread are more than happy to....

1. Get their cars washed for £5 a throw (normally by Eastern Europeans)

2. Order food from their local Indian or Chinese takeaway (other countries also available, insert where necessary)

3. Buy and eat vegetables, normally picked and packed by Eastern Europeans as the British are too lazy and would rather be on benefits pleading there are no jobs!

4. Exploit cheap labour in other countries and importing goods for personal gain

This list could go on but for the sake of the forum I think I'll leave it there.
  14. shaununo

shaununo

These sort of threads receive extreme views whether they be to the left or right of politics, personally get bored of reading them, the likes of yahoo threads are full of rants like it, join your local council group and try and make a difference that way.
  15. Just Browsing

Well it shouldnt have been posted in the supplier section, that I will grant you
  16. Just Browsing

LOL, what a joker. In your post above you say how this forum is not the best place for this discussion blah blah blah yet you want to carry the debate on.
    If your really interested to know the above drop me a pm, as this is obviously another place where people must keep their opinions to themselves
  17. LazyBrit

LazyBrit

Freedom of speech doesn't exist anymore, if its something a white person says its racist if its something a person from another race says its their "beliefs or opinion"

Alex
  18. Pete

Pete

I can see the padlock descending here as well.

Surely there are other forums for such rants.

My customer list is easily 50% composed of non-British traditional names with UK addresses. I have no wish to get in the middle of a discussion about the ills of the UK, but I can definitely see why a very large portion of this forum would be offended by such threads.

I'm not taking sides in any manner, just suggesting that you vent and rant elsewhere as I can see that a number of forum members would not appreciate such threads.

Can't we all just get along here and be ourselves on other forums dedicated to political matters?
  19. LazyBrit

LazyBrit

Its true there are other forums that maybe more suited to this but there is no reason people can't talk about their opinions.

Alex
  20. londonking

londonking

I would also like to say that some of the biggest uk based advertisers on this forum are 'non english' meaning that they may not been born in uk or born in uk but children of migrants. I would like to say to them what fantastic contribution they make to this forum selling their goods and to the uk economy. I can name them all here but why should I? Why should they be any different?

Shame on those who opened the can of worms and left a dirty muck behind.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.