Why was the thread closed

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Just Browsing, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LazyBrit

LazyBrit

Id like to make it known i have NOTHING against people who are non-english thats not where my problem lies. My problem is with;

People coming over and doing nothing but scrounge and slate our way of life and people who are uk born and sit on the ass becuase they can't be arsed to work. In my opinion they should be kicked out along with any uk-born lay abouts.

Alex
  2. Pete

Pete

All societies have their fair share of such people. The question is "Where do you kick them to?"

I don't think Australia is still accepting them in this century. Even penal colonies have gone out of style.

Oh, for the time of Tom Jones (the movie) and toss them all in the lockup. Maybe string them all up and sort it out later? :)
  3. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Seriously Alex, who made you God?

What gives you the right to say who should stay and who should go and as Pete says where would you send these thousands/millions of people?

It is a slightly immature argument in my view!
  4. Anthony

Anthony

@ Just Browsing - I believe you should now understand why the thread you mentioned wound up closed and why we have no choice but to close this thread also. If the course of this particular thread does not illustrate our stance on such discussions clearly to you, please feel free to contact me privately and I will address your queries further. Frankly, I do not feel that openly contesting decisions that we make to restrict discussions is well mannered of you, nor do I think that reviving the very debate that was restricted is at all appropriate. As any member here, you do not have to agree with decisions that we make to restrict discussions, but ultimately you should respect our reasons rather than following your own accord. I do hope you will consider this moving forward.

As a general note to everyone else involved in this discussion:

I have said it many times over the course of this communities history, but I shall say it again as there appears to be some confusion over our stance on such topics of discussion. Heated or contentious discussions of a political or religious nature always end up in conflict on this forum and are simply better avoided at all levels.

It should be common sense that any discussion that is likely to cause a stir of opinion that will ultimately; upset, offend, animate or lead to conflict between members, should be avoided from being discussed here. In the same way as you would attract such opinions as if you stood on the top of a tall building with a megaphone shouting over a highly populated area, your actions do have consequences, and as the provider of this platform (which you are utilising as your public medium), we simply cannot be drawn into such debates/topics or viewed as in any way endorsing them. Your views are wholly yours as individuals and are not shared by this community or the company who provides it.

Put simply, there are just some things that we cannot and will not take any liability for in the grander sense and as member here, you should respect that and use our facility within our terms of use. It goes without saying that there are plenty of other venues, both on and offline, where your views will be heard and indeed appropriately exchanged. Regretfully though, our remit is not to provide for such discussions.

Thank you for your understanding.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.