Window audible ads, advertising of the future?

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Erik, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Erik

Erik

Amazing things people could really think of. One German firm (BBDO Germany) has proposed a new advertising platform using "bone conduction technology", a technique which passes through the skull for a person to hear sound.

They tested it on a train window, simply, by leaning your head onto the window, you will hear the advertisement as if like someone is talking to them. The thing is, only you will be able to hear it. This is said to target train commuters who are bored and tired, resting their heads onto windows.

Now this could be creepy, may even be irritating. You lean your head to rest then someone will speak to you through your head. But this could also be a good gimmick for people to hear your advertisements. A video of the demo is posted below, take a look and see some people get amazed and shocked with the talking window:

What do you think? Will this be an excellent idea for advertising, or will this prevent you from leaning to windows?
  2. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Haha amazing stuff! I will be surprised to hear something in places where I don't expect it - like a train window. A lot of people also travel with earphones in, I wonder if they'll also hear that.
  3. Andy777

Andy777

that's crossing the line in my opinion.

But who cares as long as big money can be made out of it, right?