1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Wire Transfer Question

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by bgidman, Jan 9, 2004.

1. bgidman

bgidman

Hi,

I'd like to know about wire transfers, and what the best companies/sites to use for doing this.

I have one US site which requires payment via wire transfer, and just wondered what the implications of paying this way are.

Cheers,
    Barry.
  2. Richard

Richard

Hi Barry

A wire transfer is usually originated from your bank rather than a third-party company. You simply go to your bank with the details of where to send the money and they do this for you.

The main risk with a wire transfer is that once it has been made, it cannot be recalled so you must ensure that you trust the recipient 100%.

Cheers

Richard
    TheTrader
  3. Richard

Richard

Hi Barry

A wire transfer is usually originated from your bank rather than a third-party company. You simply go to your bank with the details of where to send the money and they do this for you.

The main risk with a wire transfer is that once it has been made, it cannot be recalled so you must ensure that you trust the recipient 100%.

Cheers

Richard
    TheTrader
  4. nikonman

nikonman

dear sir:( the trader)

if there anyway i can dispute mycase when my seller did not ship out the goods at all, but i have wire the fund. I there any protection for me. Please kindly advice. Your help is greatly appreciated.

cheers!
  5. Richard

Richard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Only through the normal legal route - as I said above, a wire payment cannot be recalled and should only be used when you trust the recipient completely.

Regards

Richard
    TheTrader
  6. nikonman

nikonman

7. Richard

Richard

I have replied to your PM

Regards

Richard
    TheTrader
  8. BlackBox

BlackBox

Hi,

I am guessing I may be echoing what ever the reply was to your PM to Richard.

I would not deal with any of them.

1. Ebay will not cover you with their insurance

2. The Seller has no history only registered on 11/01/2004 and decides to have a clear out and list their first auction a $7000 watch??

3. The Second Seller has some history but again no history in the last 4 months?

If a good company what is their web address is there any other method of payment ? Credit Card? (Be covered against fraud?)

I would not wire a telegram never mind hard earned cash!

Unfortunately eBay did try to crack down on fake watches, I suspect this would be a LUCKY BAG watch.

Lets face it a guy in the US only a few months ago paid thousands of dollars for what he tought was a Plasma Screen TV.

He did get a TV - A computer Printed Picture of a Plasma TV

As they say a fool and their money ............. [​IMG]
  9. bgidman

bgidman

Hi,

I recently sent a wire transfer to a malaysian company, who banked in Latvia? They have sent the products, and my wire transfer has been debited from my account, but they tell me they have not received it, as the payment had to be passed through an intermediary bank "Chase Manhatten", as my bank did not deal with the latvian bank.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I have been told by an american friend that US wire transfer, as protected by federal law, and it is an offence not to supply the goods.

But I think most reputable companies, or people would acceptable payments by cheque, instead of wire tranfers. Most use them to reduce costs, but I'm always a little wary of dealing with these people.

Anyway, I would only deal with wire transfers if I trusted the person I was sending the funds to, as wire transfers can get complicated, and there is potential for the money to end up in another account, especially if like my bank, you have to dictate the information over the phone.

Anyway, hope this is of use.

10. Richard

Richard

That's correct but the last time I checked, the US law enforcement agencies didn't have any jurisdiction in Latvia [​IMG]

Couldn't have said it better myself - you MUST trust the person you are sending the money to or be prepared to loose it.

Cheers

Richard
    TheTrader