Wont let me sign in without changing password?

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by Rob001, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Rob001

Rob001

Hi guys,

Bit of a problem, Probably best answered by anthony but someone else might have the same problems.

Iv been here 8 months now and after the first time signing up i ticked the remember me box which let me online everytime without signing in (obviously)

But now everytime i come on the site it wants me to sign in, So i put in the password only to be told it does not recognise it. So i go down the road of reset the password through email and all goes well and change the password to something i know.

Everythings fine when im on that day, But then everyday after it wants my password again and have to reset etc.. because its not recognising my password.

It feels like iv been banned everytime i log in and it cant find the password, which would be a damned loss to life.

It still has my username at the bottom of the screen of signed in members but im not? Is someone tampering with my account or am i just be dumb?

Sorry for the long essay but getting a bit peed with this. Thanks Guys
  2. Anthony

Anthony

You haven't been banned, no need to worry about that.

The issue is more than likely with your browser and more specifically a corrupt 'cookie'. If you have had it setup like you have for 8 months the chances are it needs a bit of a clean out.

Follow these steps:

1) Close your browser
    2) Click Start, Control Panel, Internet Options, Clear Browsing History.
    3) Clear your cookies, saved internet files, passwords and so forth.
    4) Open your browser again and try to login in as you would normally. (Don't save your password for the first time, do it once you have successfully fixed the issue).

You can also do the above through your individual browser. Head to Settings or Tools and do the same thing.

Let us know how you get on.
  3. Rob001

Rob001

Did what you said anthony and all sorted now.

Just going to still get someone to check over the laptop as its running a bit different to what im used to.

Thanks again
  4. Michael

Michael

Rob you could do a system restore back to when you last know it was running as normal, only takes 2 minutes and wont delete anything.