1. Speak to our customer support team live today
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Thanks for visiting The Wholesale Forums! Register for FREE today and gain access to more information. Sign up with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.

Working from home? Insured? Are you sure?

Discussion in 'Legal, Insurance & Issues' started by First4 Trades, Mar 2, 2011.

1. tasha75

tasha75

Have you tried http://www.hiscox.co.uk ?
  2. goldbar

goldbar Banned Member

OR

Do what I did,

Rent a container for about £400 a year. (6ft) It was stored in a secure place, cameras etc. Huge lock on the door gate and on the containers. I used to print all my orders at home then go to the container to put the stock in the jiffy bags. I now have a unit and do it all there, but the container very cheap and secure.

You could also have a laptop/printer/dongle at your container and do it all from there. I was planning to do this but having a unit worked out better for what I was doing at the time.
  3. Wowiwon

Wowiwon Banned Member

Thanks for sharing this information i am soon starting a business of my own from home, this will help me be sure everything is insured correctly.
  4. Hreetity

Hreetity Banned Member

Hi,

Dear All,

Happy Deepwali,

I have also registered with workathomeindia.com, by paying Rs. 350/- and I got all th details which was provided in their email. Those have a very stick nomes to deliver the work or details. May be you have done some mistakes over there. Due to that mistake, may be they have not supplied you the details. You can approatch with them with your details once again. May be they will ask you for payment details n I am 100% sure, if you are fulfilled their requirements. There is no reason not to provide work or details of work. Because, I am very much satisfied with their work and I am getting regular payment from their recommonded websites or links.

Regards
    Hreetity
  5. jay82

jay82

Hey. how about in case we dont sell commodities from home and instead we provide services on private basis at home? what insurance will we require?
  6. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Hi Jay,

Do your clients visit you in your home office or vice versa? If yes you might want to take a look at getting public liability insurance. This is to cover you in case someone claims for injuries or damage to property.

In case someone questions the quality of your service (or advice - if you are giving it out as a professional), you can also consider getting professional indemnity insurance.

I hope this helps :)

Lace
  7. jay82

jay82

Thank you lace. a very helpful and relevant reply indeed. would you know of any reliable insurers by chance? or give me a slight idea on wht insurers are quoting nowadays for Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance?
  8. First4 Trades

First4 Trades

As it happens, we can help. You can either PM me with a contact number and preferred time, call us on 0845 643 6213, or visit *******************************.
  9. IzzoNet

IzzoNet

Hey,
    it's very important to have insurance when working from home.
    thanks for the post and the info.
  10. sam81

sam81

Someone can explain me about the permission etc please?
    I am keeping one bedroom and storage room for keep stock, and I have idea to try buy a house little bit more big and keep stock in one room + studio for stuff and maybe the cheap stuff in the garden shed.
    Do you think need ask some permission for it ?
  11. Akash123

Akash123

Thanks very useful
  12. cwvps

cwvps

It is important to be insured. The attitude "That cannot happen to me" actually doesn't work and just gives false confidence.