Worth advertising in the marketplace forum?

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by tommyhine5, Jan 15, 2013.

1. tommyhine5

tommyhine5

hi, i sell car accessories/parts and hand and power tools which im thinking of selling wholesale, ive seen for 3 months its £60+VAT which is alot of money if there is no interest, does anybody have experience in selling there products and is it worthwhile?
  2. jamhun

jamhun

£60 for the volume of traffic this site receives is a very good deal as far as I am concerned.
    Give it a go and if it does not work out, you have only lost £60, which you can write off anyway.
    One of my event business's has an event running in April, for the first time in years bookings are way down, but I still spent over £500 on a mailshot to generate interest. Unfortunately it has not worked and I will have to cancel the event and refund the deposits (or transfer them to another event) that have already been paid.
    It happens; thankfully other events that are on throughout the year are oversubscribed. In business you have to take a chance, sometimes it works, sometimes not, but you will never know until you try.

James
    tommyhine5 likes this.
  3. Import Expert

Import Expert

As above, if you are looking to sell wholesale then realistically £60 is nothing. There is (or at least used to be) an option of £100 for a year, which is obviously cheaper per month.
  4. theimporter

theimporter

I think its not too much to be honest however sometimes it can get a bit frustrating at the quality of leads/customers that pass thru, in my experience there are a handful of decent buyers whilst there are also alot of wishful thinkers, I suppose this is the case everywhere so it just depends on what your plans are and if you feel that your money has been well spent.
    Import Expert likes this.
  5. Pete

Pete

My first month ever selling from China I only promoted here and did over $10,000 in sales. I admit, that doesn't sound quite as impressive in pounds, but still £6500+ first month from a dead start isn't bad. Haven't looked back.
    Import Expert and liamhawes like this.
  6. Gary

Gary

There still is, and like you say it's far better value.
  7. Dragos Ivanov

Dragos Ivanov

How much did you invested ?
  8. Pete

Pete

ZERO

All dropshipped from partner in China.
  9. Dragos Ivanov

Dragos Ivanov

And what did you sell at that moment ?
  10. shopafrolix

shopafrolix Banned Member

Advertise ? I thought that meant I got the green banner under my avatar - thats all !
  11. Pete

Pete

Same stuff as now. Started with MP4s
  12. toysandgifts

toysandgifts Banned Member

I think its well worth it.

Regarding the statement that theirs alot of wishful thinkers on here - I'd also say their are advertisers on here who just take the micky. Customer service offered by asome is almost non existence.