1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

www.5united-trade.5u.com

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by guru4us, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guru4us

guru4us

any thoughts or feedback on them?

so far, all i have against them is their free email address.

they accept credit cards from uk customers or bank transfer..site isnt very professional but oh well.

prices arent that bad, but a little on the "too good to be true" side
  2. guru4us

guru4us

i cant get any "whois" search results from them by the way :\
  3. leighinmohr

leighinmohr

I think this might be a time to leave to 'too good to be true' web site and ( to quote another trader) GET THE RUNNERS ON!!!!!

Baz
  4. MustHaveMobiles

MustHaveMobiles Community Moderator

Its a sub domain of 5u[.]com, had a quick look and the wording is terrible, the prices are low (to low in my opinion) and when i read this :

Terms and conditions!

In oder to buy from us you'll have to accept our payment methods.

We only accept bank wire transfer (W/T).

The payment must be made only after you will receive a delivery confirmation by email from FedEx, UPS or Royal Mail. In the content of this notification you will see the description of the package and all the details about it. After the confirmation you will have 3 business days to make the payment or the order will be cancelled.

We own bank accounts at top branches from UK like Halifax, Barclays, Natwest or Nationwide.

We can accept credit card payment but only from United Kingdom customers.

That sealed it for me, it fact I need to buy some new trainers because when they saw the site they ran off on their own!!! No way I can catch em up with my leg..

Make your own decisions but my trainers seem to have the right idea.
  5. guru4us

guru4us

The terms and conditions surprised me too.
  6. Anthony

Anthony

Somebody obviously forgot to run the spellcheck before submitting the site :D

Right...so you have 4 bank accounts...are you sure you are not dodging the tax man as well?? :\

Enough is enough.. "shame um!"
  7. MustHaveMobiles

MustHaveMobiles Community Moderator

The 'or' in the sentance makes it seem like they are quoting names....IMO AVOID
  8. Anthony

Anthony

Yeh, did think of that.. I agree AVOID!
  9. guru4us

guru4us

:mad: i wanted to name and shame them lol. oh well. thanks mike
  10. Mduncan

Mduncan

Hi, I am new here....I feel like an absolute idiot now, because I used these guys despite my inner monologue telling me they are too good to be true.

I always seem to rush into things without planning or researching ahead of time.

I ordered 10 ipod minis from them and sent the money by westernunion totalling $1068 with all the fees and stuff. they emailed me back and asked for the 10 digit MTCN so that they could pick the money up. I gave it to them and asked when they would send the package. Well, i checked westernunion later that night and it said that the money had been picked up.

It has now been about 3 days since they picked up the money, and despite the fact that I have sent them numerous emails since then asking about their credentials and asking for photos of the establishment and stock(stuff that I shouldve done before hand) I have not recieved a response as of yet.

I realize I will never see my 1000 bucks again and I am furious with myself for being so stupid.

Is there anything I can do??
  11. Anthony

Anthony

Welcome to the forums,

Best bet is to get straight onto it and let western union know that you believe them to be scammers and see if they can hold or get your money back for you.

As time is not on your side you must be fairly quick with things....

Get all the information from the site.. ie. Phone Numbers, Email Addresses, and Addresses just in case the site disapears offline.

Get in contact with your bank or local police if you feel it necessary.

HOWEVER, you must give them a chance to post out your order... you say it has been 3days perhaps leave it a few more days...then file all the claims..

Do be too hard on yourself you are one in a long line of people to get scammed...but the important thing to remember is to keep postive about everything and do everything you can to get your money back.

As stated above get in contact with Western Union with your story..

Let us know how you get on with everything and sorry for you loss....

Anthony :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.