1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

www.atlwholesaleclub.com and www.sjellc.com

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by landofthedead05, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaken

chaken

Hey jarmarc

You are the best!!

Thanks for the update

chaken
  2. veronica.p

veronica.p

Hi jamark,
    Do you have any more new update? Have your MC been charged? I am new in this excellent forum and I am very curious about Scott-Jones. What happened with your third order?
  3. jarmarc

jarmarc

Well it's just more of the same. When I placed an order at the end of June and my Discover was never charged, I assumed the order had been cancelled. But the funny thing is, the MC order has not been charged yet.

The worst part is, they not only double billed my Discover, they also made 3 additional charges that I did not authorize. The additional charges and the double bill were for over $10,000. Discover said that even though the charges were approved, they are holding the funds because all of the charges were done over a 2 day period, and they are looking into as a potential fraud case.

I've called and left a message as well as an email, but have not heard back from them. If they truly are legit, they sure as hell don't realize that these are EXACTLY the types of things that cause merchant accounts to get frozen. Because if they continue to avoid returning my calls or giving me some type of resolution, then I'm forced to file a chargeback, and after a few of those, BAM, frozen funds.

At the very least the customer service has been extremely poor, even non-existent. Communication, nil. Have to say my impressions are not very good at this point. I've been trying for over three weeks now to get an order shipped, and have yet to get any product or semblance of service here. I'll give them another couple of days, and then I'll have no choice but to do a chargeback if the level of communication stays the same.
  4. veronica.p

veronica.p

Thank you very much for the update one more time, jarmarc . I placed an order and I was waiting for your answer to decide if I would pay or not. They also send me messages asking for the payment of the order, so before paying we have no comunications problems. If there are so many problems with someone that they know that is talking about them in a wholesale forum, imagine with the others. I hope you can finish this negociation in the best way for you.
  5. DeAngelo130

DeAngelo130

Hello,
    The issue with Mr. Arnold's card was the result of standard procedure in our office gone erray. Discover requires ALL charges on their network be authorized. I called and did a voice authorization for the charge and Alex ran another authorization through the system which resulted in the funds being held twice. When we finally sent the sale through, the card would not allow the full amount to be charged so we broke the charges down. Upon calling Discover, I learned that they had not linked the authorization with the actual charges, which resulted in the card being maxed out. I had the authorizations and holds removed from the card and called Mr. Arnold, but received no response. In all fairness, we have been attempting to do everything on our end to present ourselves as a legit company. Mr. Arnold has yet to be charged the full amount of his order, not has he informed our office that he wanted the others cancelled, so we assumed they were additional orders. Our office hours are onday through Friday 9AM - 4PM, if you cll outside of these hours you will receive the voicemail. Same thing if someone is on the line. I do apologize for being so blunt, but I'm tired of trying to defend my company for something we didn't cause. If you don't wish o do business with us, so be it. Thanks.
  6. jarmarc

jarmarc

DeAngelo,

I appreciate your response, and understand that things can go awry in any transaction. My posting was intended simply to relay my experience so far because I have had several members asking what has been happening. I assure you that this was not an attempt to disparage or question your companies legitimacy.

As I said in my direct email to you, it has been frustrating thus far since I have placed three orders, June 29, July 2, and July 13, which have all been acknowledged, but I have yet to receive any goods due to varying ciscumstances.

And in my defense, I have left 3 voice mail messages during the period of time between June 29th and July 21 and have yet to receive a return call from your company in response to those voicemails. The first verbal communication that I received from your company was your voicemail late Friday in response to my email of that day. I did not immediately respond to you since your message indicated that you were on vacation, and I didn't want to intrude on your personal time.

The thing is, I do want to do business with your company, which is why I have made the several attempts through various channels to complete an order. And as I have seen based on the number of messages that I have received, there are several others who would also like to do business with your company if they feel confident that their needs can be met. I chose to make myself the "guinea pig" both for personal reasons and to give my feedback on the forum as an advocate.

I'm still hoping to completing an order and moving forward. I will contact you directly to discuss.
  7. dshinckley

dshinckley

I am planning on making an order with Atl Wholesale Club and It will be for over $4,000 this will show if you are running a legit company so I hope you can prove yourself well DeAngelo. If soo I will be making larger orders with you provided you can impress me with this order.
  8. tantk

tantk

With all that has been said about them, I assume you are willing to loose the $4000 if anything goes wrong ?
  9. canada

canada Retired Moderator

Only pay by credit card!

Scott
  10. j22

j22

I really want to see them complete some orders. I'll be buying once that happens. :)
  11. jarmarc

jarmarc

I guess I'm wondering why this order will be the one that confirms or refutes their legitimacy?

I've placed 3 orders, $4,500, $4,600, and $7,600, on three seperate credit cards and none of which has gone through yet

He can't take credit cards direct yet because his merchant account won't let him process more than a small dollar amount per day. So, the only way to make this a real test is if you plan on paying for your order via T/T or one of his accepted third party payment options. If that's the case, than it will tell us if he has anything to sell. I for one don't trust the integrity of the third party payment systems enough to risk that kind of money.

Good luck.
  12. tantk

tantk

It would not be wise to do a T/T of so much money. I would recommend you stick to using

your credit card. I know it is cumbersome but it gives you that security.
  13. chaken

chaken

Hey Members,

I just completed an extremely small test order last Fri, I stress a very small order with a debit card...there were issues apparently due to the cc processor...but if it means anything I spoke to Scott virtually every other day...he tolerated my busting his chops well considering the amount of the order.

I have concluded based on my dealings with him that I can/will trust him with a large wire purchase, he also let me listen in on a conversation with his merchant card people to verify a concern I had, which has been rectified to my satisfaction.

If there is anything further I can add to aid you guys in making a decision...let me know, but I will say this! if you use a cc or debit card you are almost guarantted to have a problem...due to the merchant account situation.

I would like to single JARMARC out for thanks, for giving me pertinent info...which is what this is supposed to be about...good or bad.
  14. jarmarc

jarmarc

No problem chaken. Like you said, that what this forum is for. I also placed another order over the weekend selecting one of the third party payment choices. Unfortunately, I haven't received an email confirmation for the order, or an invoice from the payment provider.

I guess I'll have to find out where that one ended up.
  15. chaken

chaken

Hey Jarmarc,

email or phone him early morning, and let him know you would like a little more personal feedback....I found him to be very accommodating, and his interpersonal skills are excellent, but I don't think his support staff is of the same quality, as Scott had to intercede on several occasions to correct issues I personally felt his staff should have handled, otherwise I appreciated my dealings with him.
  16. sedrophyci

sedrophyci Banned Member

CHAKEN and JARMARK - Did you guys receive your order from Scott? Just wondering how the order went. He seems like a pleasant man to work with I hope you guys got your stuff.
  17. drudy5342

drudy5342

I made 2 orders with them, one on 6-29 and one on 7-8. Both orders were for around 5000.00 each. I have not recevied either one. They have had constent problems with there merchant accounts over the last 6 weeks. They are suppose to be working on getting a new one this week. This has been the same story week after week. If I ever receive the goods, I told Scott that I would leave him a positive comment on this forum.
  18. sedrophyci

sedrophyci Banned Member

Merchant companys can be really hard to deal with sometimes. Depending on the situation I guess it can take that long. I have a had my share of problems with Merchant companys but it normaly takes maybe 2 weeks at the most to work it out.
  19. GoHogsAR

GoHogsAR

I have sent numerous emails and left numerous messages asking if I can just come to their office in Atlanta, make my purchase in cash, and leave with my product. I had gotten one email response prior to that (which was an application form asking for a $35 fee) but have not gotten anything back since I asked if I could do a fly-and-buy.

It seems odd to me that they want you to commit to $20K/month in purchases but require a $35 fee upfront...
  20. canada

canada Retired Moderator

My Guess is that there another broker with no physical stock!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.