1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

www.atlwholesaleclub.com and www.sjellc.com

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by landofthedead05, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canada

canada Retired Moderator

I would not be giving out business information to them on there wholesale application form!
    This company may turn out to be Scam!

Proceed with Caution!

Scott
  2. canada

canada Retired Moderator

According to there web site there are setting up a new office in Duluth ?

From http://atlwholesaleclub.com/join_our_team.html

A Great Environment
    As the completion of our new office in Duluth nears, the need to grow our personnel is vital. We are in need of three qualified CSRs to manage our customer service department. Our company is currently owned and operated by our CEO DeAngelo Scott - Jones and select members of his family. The family creates a warm, friendly working environment, which is often lacking in the corporate world. The S-JE, LLC team looks forward to you becoming part of our family!!
  3. jarmarc

jarmarc

I haven't received my orders yet either. I placed one via Amex(6/29), one by MC(7/13), one by Discover (7/2), and one by 2checkout.com (7/29). The Amex order was cancelled because Amex won't let them process orders, and the other three have all been billed to my DiscoverCard (8/5, 8/6). This is OK as long as I get something.
  4. drudy5342

drudy5342

scott -jones update

My Credit Card # has been stolen and someone has been using it to buy pizza at Papa Johns and other things in Atlanta Georgia and someplace in Texas. They spent about 400.00 yesterday. My CC company notified me today. This was a new CC, only used one time with Scott-Jones and one time with Inet Electronix which went through Atown Wholesale Club for product. (Atown was on my CC statement). I never have received product from any of these companies.
  5. avideo

avideo

Statement

drudy...your problem lies with Atown wholesale and Mr. Dwight Pearson and Mr. Brown...the owners of TNI Atlanta.

WE have the authorization form that you signed with iNet Electronix in which you AUTHORIZED a third party to charge your credit card.

I hope you get the situation worked out, but I do believe that an Atown associate is the culprit in your situation. As I stated in other posts, my mistake was giving my clients the option to allow Atown to charge their cards because iNet did not have a merchant account at the time. BIG BIG Mistake, Yes it was, but iNet was upfront with EVERY client and the clients made the choice. We currently have a merchant account and we will only accept card payments via our secure SSL connection on our websites.

I regret ever dealing with Atown and having iNet associated with that company in any way, but if you're going to make the association please provide fair information. Also for the record...iNet Electronix is located in Richmond, VA...Not GA. There are only 2 other "family-members" that have worked for me and they both reside here in VA and have not traveled to GA or TX. I only employ people I trust and these days, I can only trust family.
  6. daynknight

daynknight

jarmarc,
    just wondering if you received product yet. Has anything new happened?????? I forgot if this was answered . Does he do fly and buy????

Thanks ;)
  7. jarmarc

jarmarc

It has been almost 2 months, multiple merchant accounts, almost a dozen overall CC transactions, and still no product. The latest email I received said that Discover will not allow the transcations to be processed because they are viewed as too high risk. I am now forced to go through the chargeback process for the credits to my account.

I asked about fly and buy, and did not give me an answer. He only said that he is set up with AlertPay, but that the CC transaction limit was $500/day, and $5000 with direct transfer through a bank account. Of course, direct transfer from my bank account is tantamount to a T/T, which as we all know is not a safe way to conduct transactions of any size.

I've filled out the information to be set up as a wholesale customer with the $20k/mo agreement, but I don't see how they expect anyone to meet this obligation if the CC's are continually denied. I will see about doing fly and buy again, or possibly escrow.com.
  8. GoHogsAR

GoHogsAR

I got an email a few days back from SJE. I was told they cannot accept credit cards of any kind for internet transactions, but in-office transactions are welcome. In-office transactions are limited to $3000 and multiple transactions per day are not allowed. I was quoted a stock level of hundreds of iPod Nanos. I was asked if I could use AlertPay but of course with their low credit card limits that is not an option.
  9. Maiko

Maiko

What does in-office transaction mean? How do you go about it? Is it the same as fly and buy arrangement?
  10. GoHogsAR

GoHogsAR

Yes, I mean a fly-and-buy. His office is somewhere in or around Atlanta, and since I travel through Atlanta every month or so, I may see if I can check him out in a few weeks.
  11. DeAngelo130

DeAngelo130

Hello everyone,
    Just an update on the status of the company. As sales have dropped with the absense of a merchant account, the company has been forced to remove the telehpone systems, at least for a little while. Support is still offered via e-mail, but we've had to cut-back on payroll and dismissed a few of the CSRs. The office is now manned by Nicole, Alex, and Sam as I and my VP are currently in Orlando. We are still waiting to hear on the internet merchant account which will allow the higher volume transactions. In the meantime, we are using AlertPay.com and allowing in-office transactions. The swipe account will only allow transactions up to $3,000 unless paying with multiple credit cards; however, we cannot charge the same card more than once for over $3,000. Those are the rules we must abide by or the account will be closed. If you wish to arrange an in-office transaction we ask that you contact Nicole so that we can be sure someone will be in the office as well as the particular product requested is available. We will not be ordering any new stock until the internet account is open. Our office has completed its move and the website information will be updated to include all of that as well. Thanks for sticking with us through all of the mess!!
  12. gdouglas

gdouglas

Scott - Jones Enterprises

DeAngelo, I've been following this thread for a few weeks and i truly appraciate your responses. As with the orthers who have purchased merchandise and have not received anything, i am concerned about the time it's taken and missed commitments by your company. it seems that you are generating FedEx shipping labels to make it appear as if merchandise is being shipped, but the packages are never picked up by FedEx. It concerns me as well that my email messages are going unanswered. The last message I received was on 8/16/06 when she provided me with two additional FedEx tracking numbers that still have not shipped.

I have made several purchaes totalling $19,460.32. Please respond!

Glen Douglas
    Wholesale Central USA
  13. jarmarc

jarmarc

DeAngelo,

This latest post by gdouglas is quite unnerving. You've received the money, no problems with merchant accounts for these transactions that I'm aware of, and yet all that's been generated are bogus tracking numbers?

You claim to have product in stock, so why no shipments for gdouglas? Maybe it's as simple as you not having the specific product he ordered? But, based on the circustances, and the fact that no one that I'm aware of has been able to complete anything other than a small test order or two, I think it deserves an explanation so we can all understand why.

Also, you are now completely cut off from phone contact, both at your office and your cell. These are further signs pointing in the wrong direction. I think that more information is needed to clear up the mixed signals that everyone is getting.

Mark Arnold
    Jarmarc Trading Company
  14. tljwholesale

tljwholesale

My partner and I used atlwholesale/a-town wholesale.We ordered over $8000 worth of products and its been 3 months and no product,repeat promises to give the money back,3 checks that bounced from company and then we find out that he got ripped of by his supplier.We have a lawsuit against them in the works and a reco trial.
    STAY AWAY HE IS PAYING PEOPLE BACK WITH NEW ORDERS AND IS STILL DOING BUISNESS.
  15. jarmarc

jarmarc

Could you clarify if this was with DeAngelo Scott-Jones company or Dwight Pearsons company? These guys apparently parted ways back in May or so, so it would help to know if this may have been part of the reason for the split.

Also, I had emailed DeAngelo about doing a fly and buy nexy week since he can't accept CC and supposedly has 100's of iPods to unload. He graciously agreed yesterday to allow me to do so. I then saw the post from gdouglas saying he hasn't been shipped anything though he paid for his other than CC. I've sent DeAngelo two emails since then asking for clarification on why gdouglas didn't get his product, and also asking for POS before I commit a couple of hundred buck for an airplane ticket. I have yet to hear anything back.

He also isn't accepting phone calls on his cell, the office no longer has a phone, and they won't return anyone's emails. So, it looks more and more like these guys are going down the tubes.

Has ANYONE gotten anything of any quantity from Scott-Jones?

chaken, you said that you would trust them with a T/T, did you go ahead and do so? If so, what was the outcome? We've all seen it. When the communication ceases, and these guys go underground, it isn't a good thing.

And whether it's just a bump in the road, or something more dramatic, if they won't communicate with you, what can you do. I'd love to take a couple hundred of his iPod stock off of his hands, but it really becomes difficult if you can't get a straight answer to simple questions.
  16. tljwholesale

tljwholesale

The time frame seems to be the time we started to do buisness with A-Town Wholesale but they would always answer the phone ATL Wholesale Club? They always stated they were in a transition.I have never Personally done Buisness with DeAngelo Scott-Jones company but if you look at the Ripp Off report I believe he is on there.There are some good wholesalers in the US that are honest.I have been very lucky in finding then but I do reasearch all the time on the so called hot electronics and I find about 80% scam.I like your Fourum Very much.
    John
    Not supposed to advertise
  17. gdouglas

gdouglas

All of my dealings have been with Scott - Jones Enterprises, LLC. My first order was back on 7/18 for about $3,500 and three subsequent orders for a grand total of over $19K. I have yet to see any product and all orders were paid via wire transfer into their account. They gave me FedEx tracking numbers for three of the orders soon after the orders were placed but nothing has actually shipped. I received an email earlier today from one of their CSRs who indicated that my orders were still being packed. Packing orders isn't difficult unless you really do not have the product.

Has anyone else had any luck actually getting product?
  18. tantk

tantk

This entire thread should be placed in the Name and Shame section.
  19. double_d77

double_d77 Retired Moderator

Moved to name and shame Unless somebody dis-agrees

Dave
  20. jarmarc

jarmarc

Well one or both of these guys is definitely a crook. Just like drudy, my CC number was stolen , only this time for the second time.

First time was when I used inet who gave the numbers to Dwight Pearson at ATLWholesale Club/A-Town. This time, I'm not sure if it's SJE or A-Town, or both. They each point the finger at the other one, which I'm beginning to think was part of it the whole time. If they had two sites going they could double their fraud because each would be catering to the same customer base. It would be hard to tell which one was selling the CC numbers because most people would use them at both sites.

I know I won't get anything from SJE because he doesn't have anything to sell except CC numbers. As for A-Town, if my purchase doesn't go through with his new and improved Merchant Account, then he's probably doing the same thing. I've gotten more charges, credits, double charges from these guys in two months than I've seen in a lifetime.

I've had to report 3 card numbers as stolen, and maybe a fourth if Dwight doesn't come through. And just so everyone is clear, we are dealing with two separate companies here, both probably belonging in the name and shame:

Scott-Jones Enterprises, LLC/ATL Wholesale Club (www.atlwholesaleclub.com) Owned by DeAngelo Scott-Jones

A-Town Wholesale Club (atownwholesaleclub.com) Owned by Dwight Pearson

It's too bad they couldn't be legit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.