1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

www.cheapdvdbuys.com/store/

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by guru4us, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guru4us

guru4us

thanks to Antony who pointed out that this site is selling bootlegs
  2. MustHaveMobiles

MustHaveMobiles Community Moderator

They dont deny it..
  3. Leonie1

Leonie1

Today 29th August 2005. cheapdvdbuys.com and crazy4dvds.com are one in the same company, I believe in fact a number of alias company names. I'm very, very dissatisfied & annoyed with this company. I have paid for a number of dvd movies in good faith, they have my money and never sent my movies. They now bounce ALL emails back to me and have blocked me from accessing any of their sites. This is both immoral and illegal and I don't believe they should get away with such behaviour. Regards, Leonie (New Zealand)
  4. Anthony

Anthony

Welcome to the forums Leonie, :)

Sorry about your loss...

Have you got in touch with your local government to see what they advise you to do. If it was me I would report both of the company's to the MPA (Motion Picture Association) and report them for selling fakes. I am pretty sure I did this a while ago for a few sites I came across that were selling fakes...however I don't think a lot gets done about it unless quite a few people complain.. (to ensure they aren't chasing a lost cause, I presume)

Clearly, you are quite upset about it all, so it would probably benefit yourself and others to try and chase the case and see if you can get either your money back or some sort of satisfaction of knowing that the people involved are reported.

Anthony
  5. Leonie1

Leonie1

Thank you Anthony

For your response and advice, I don't intend on dropping the issue :) I'm looking into it further. Quite frustrating when you're the other side of the world, but with technology it does make it possible. I came across this forum and when I saw the title cheapdvdbuys.com I just had to add my comments. I would like to be able to buy new release dvd movies from ligit sellers, if you know of any I would love to know. Thank you again Anthony, have a fantastic week. Regards, Leonie
  6. Anthony

Anthony

Now thats fighting talk! :D
    Absolutlely.. thats what forums are about! :)
    From what I gather you are in NZ right?

Can't help you with specific suppliers out in NZ but would be worth looking at getting a trader magazine from your local retailer, to see if any advertise there.

The problem with importing DVDs is simply the cost to get them to your country. I can't remember but I think the Region code for DVDs out in Aus/NZ is Region 4 which is the same as R2...
    If so then maybe you could look at getting some from the UK...but again the issue of P&P :(

Back on topic...

Let us know how you get on with tracking these people down!

Anthony
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.