1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

www.mobiletech.tv

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by Bokken, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bokken

Bokken

www.mobiletech.tv
    Has anyone dealt with or heard about the above company, I have been having various email conversations with them, and they talk a reasonable game. I can’t find any information using “WhoIs” and the address partially checks out. It just all feels rather suspect, I cant find any history, good or bad anywhere.

On a additional note, the following website has information on some other scammers that might be of some use to you all. www.scammer007.com.

Thanks in advance for any responses
  2. iggybumtastic

iggybumtastic

i would say, that people offering goods at that price, must be scamming.

eg.

$100 for PS2 slimline, and a buy one get one free offer, that basically, 2 PS2 for £60, i dont think so, how could they possibly make any money on that? :\
  3. MustHaveMobiles

MustHaveMobiles Community Moderator

My feelings are Trainer Time..
  4. Anthony

Anthony

Nothing on Whois whatsoever...

Registered in the UK and based in the UK but want the money in US Dollars... :\

10% Discount for using western union... :\

Bit dodgy IMO... :(
  5. Bokken

Bokken

Looks as though this might be a wrong`un then glad I checked. Is there a site or governing body to report these ppl to?
  6. Anthony

Anthony

There's the "Name & Shame" section of this forum... :D
  7. reddmark

reddmark

Well there site is no longer up, so that says something about the legitamacy of this supposed company.
  8. AuctionCUT

AuctionCUT

The sites back up now so it must have been a temporary or isp glitch.
  9. Bokken

Bokken

Been asking them loads of probing questions, like company background and weather they are a registered company, references etc, and they don’t want to talk to me no more.

I have reported them to Alibaba of which they are listed under, Tiscali for the email address and trading standards. Might not have any effect, but it might cause them some inconvenience.
    The above actions may seam a little petty, but it made me feel a little better. Just hope they are fake!
  10. Anthony

Anthony

No response to customer emails are usually a tale tale sign of either a scammer or somebody who is selling fakes.

You have to ask yourself why a supposed good company wouldn't answer those types of questions.

I think it is good that you have reported them to Alibaba. If they are selling fakes then you have alerted others of that and at the end of the day somebody has to report them otherwise they will keep getting away with selling fakes...

Bokken maybe you should do the honours and add this company to the name & shame section... ;)
  11. Bokken

Bokken

Named and shamed it is then.
  12. pareshvarsani

pareshvarsani

Just to let you guys know. I previously complained about a company to Alibaba. They kept telling me they had taken their advertising off but they did'nt. They make promises but all they care about are the profit margins from advertising.
  13. Anthony

Anthony

This could probably be said for a lot of companies... Its all down to greed at the end of the day..

I think you should pusue it and contact them again paresh.. :eek:
  14. pareshvarsani

pareshvarsani

I will keep pursuing them to keep dodgy adverts out. I might have to use some scare tactics to make sure they listen to me if the adverts are not removed.

I was recently searching for scammers on the Internet and found another Chinese/Japanese company on google who has at least 10-15 different website addresses (found so far) with the exact same look. I will let everyone know once I have compiled a list.
  15. Anthony

Anthony

Good Job... :)
  16. Alistair

Alistair

Whois

I've been scammed resently by these idiots! Wish I had of found this site a week earlier.
    I did a whois and got this back, so chase this guy up!

Registrant:
    Ketan Bhatt
    57 Countess Street
    Walsall, UK WS1 4JZ
    United Kingdom

Registered through: EZ Domain Registration
    Domain Name: MOBILETECH.TV
    Created on: 14-Jul-05
    Expires on: 14-Jul-06
    Last Updated on: 14-Jul-05

Administrative Contact:
    Bhatt, Ketan *******************
    57 Countess Street
    Walsall, UK WS1 4JZ
    United Kingdom
    Technical Contact:
    Bhatt, Ketan *******************
    57 Countess Street
    Walsall, UK WS1 4JZ
    United Kingdom

Domain servers in listed order:
    DNS.BIZSITESERVICE.COM
    DNS2.BIZSITESERVICE.COM
  17. Anthony

Anthony

Alistair,

Welcome to the forums... :)

How did you pay for your items..?

Have you filled a claim at all?

Anthony
  18. pareshvarsani

pareshvarsani

I don't know about any of you guys but I think I have seen 'Ketan Bhatt' mentioned somewhere else but I don't know where. I am pretty sure it was regarding complaints aswell.
  19. Alistair

Alistair

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the interest. I'm embarrassed to say I paid by WesternUnion. Claim? Where, to who? Does anyone really chase this sort of stuff up?

Thanks,
    Alistair.
  20. Alistair

Alistair

In addition to that I don't suppose anyone knows any legit ipod wholesalers?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.