1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

www.your-mobile-world.com

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by Realxi, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Realxi

Realxi

2. Xile2005

Xile2005

Prices too good to be true

Nokia 8800 $455, should more like $850

Smells like a scam to me!

Also, the credit card check out is not encrypted like their website states.
  3. guru4us

guru4us

if this site is a scam, then its pretty damn pathetic that they claim they 'donate 1% of sales for HIV/AIDS infect children :mad:
  4. reno.24

reno.24

I don't know why....but for me they seem legit.....I will try to buy a sample to see.....and if I don't receive my item...chargeback....
  5. Xile2005

Xile2005

The credit card page isn't secure. Any part of a site that asks you to send credit card details must be encrypted, you will see a little yellow padlock symbol on the bottom right hand corner to confirm the encryption. The fact that the website claims it is encrypted, but actually isn't tells you something isn't right.

Also, the site claims to be VeriSign secure but when you click on the link, you are only take to the VeriSign website, it does not display and information about your-mobile-world.com, again another lie.

The site has a "Trust E" seal on their website, click on the link and it takes you to the Trust E website, however when you search though the seal holders for your-mobile-world.com, guess what.....it is not listed!

This site IS a SCAM! If you are desperate for a bargain, go ahead and give these scammers your money. I'm pretty sure you will not receive anything in return.

I'm going to email the site to see what they have to say.
  6. reno.24

reno.24

I see they accept paypal....If I use it, why not?
  7. Xile2005

Xile2005

They don't accept paypal, they just have the logo on the screen like other logo's which have no place being on the site!
  8. reno.24

reno.24

It's true. I have sent a mail to them about Paypal. I will put their response (if they respond...) here.

Thanks for your informations.

Regards
  9. Xile2005

Xile2005

I have also emailed them about all of the false seals, links and claims on their website. I however don't expect to receive a response.

This has to be one of the boldest false claims of all time:

"Founded in 1998, MobileWorld has hundreds of thousands of customers and was awarded back to back PC Magazine Editors' Choice Awards in 1999 and 2000. MobileWorld is headquartered in New York, NY, United States."
  10. reno.24

reno.24

Somebody knows this magazine???

It must be a "comics magazine" :D
  11. guru4us

guru4us

sure u can do a chargeback, but the person who owns that website will have ur credit card details :eek:
  12. reno.24

reno.24

for sure....If no Paypal....I don't pay...but 99,99 % that it's a scam.....
  13. reno.24

reno.24

wel wel wel....

I have received a response...miracle....

"Hello,

Shipping to belgium is also free of charge.
    We do not accept paypal or credit card payments from overseas.
    International customers must pay MoneyGram.

Sincerely,
    MobileWorld Sales Department"

OK they are scammers....

Second thing: what is "Moneygram"???
  14. Xile2005

Xile2005

MoneyGram is like Western Union. So yes SCAM!
  15. reno.24

reno.24

Here is my response to them...

I don't know if it was a good idea but these scammers begin to break my eggs....(soory but I'm furious... :p )

"Ok, thanks.

But I wanted to ask you if, for the only first order, it is possible tu use ESCROW.COM. I must trust you, you understand.

Second thing: why your credit card page isn't encrypted ??? I must see a little yellow padlock symbol on the bottom right hand corner to confirm the encryption.

So what?? How do you want I trust you with that??

Sorry but you must give me more guaranties..it's not the case here...

If you don't respond to my question, I will consider you are scammers....(in that case I will contact FBI to ask them what they think about you....)"
  16. Xile2005

Xile2005

See if you get a response.

I sent the following email yesterday, but have not yet received a reply.

Hi,

I have been made aware of your website and I have noticed that your prices are impossibly low, especially cell phones.

After looking through you website I have noticed the following:

The credit card page isn't secure. Any part of a site that asks you to send credit card details must be encrypted, you will see a little yellow padlock symbol on the bottom right hand corner of the browser to confirm the encryption. The fact that the website claims it is encrypted, but actually isn't tells me something isn't right.

Also, your site claims to be VeriSign secure but when you click on the link, you are only take to the VeriSign website, it does not display and information about your-mobile-world.com, again suspicious.

The site has a "Trust E" seal on the website, click on the link and it takes you to the Trust E website, however when you search though the seal holders for your-mobile-world.com, guess what.....it is not listed!

There are many other links and seals on your website, but when go into them they have no relation to your-mobile-world.com what so ever, so why are they there?

You also claim that your company was awarded back to back PC Magazine Editors' Choice Awards in 1999 and 2000. Can you prove this?

I look forward to receiving your reply.
  17. reno.24

reno.24

I'm not ready to leave this guy in peace.....and if I must contact the internet scams department of FBI (I hope there is one..)...I'll do it!!!!
  18. Xile2005

Xile2005

Yeah, you show 'em!
  19. reno.24

reno.24

20. Anthony

Anthony

Nice Job Reno...

Go for it, be good to see somebody actually report one of these fake companies.. :mad:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.