1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

www.yournike.com

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by CDavis78, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDavis78

CDavis78

2. SCFieldsy

SCFieldsy

Cathy,

You certainly are having a run of bad luck with some of these scammers (I've been respondng to your posts about Weber). I've been dealing with the same on a much smaller level - cc chargeback and pp reversals from overseas ebay purchasers. It used to be one every couple of months. Lately its about once per week. It's starting to feel like no one is legitimate anymore. Not to mention the 15-20 solicitations for my ebay and paypal info I get daily from people fishing. Or fake "where is my purchase" requests (click here to respond -> takes you to a scam ebay loin screen), or fake "you've just paid for your rolex watch" (click here to cancel -> takes you to a scam pp login screen). You really have to be on your toes nowadays.

Steve
  3. CDavis78

CDavis78

Hi Steve :)

Yeah! I've been getting ALL of those exact same emails!! My eBay account was even compromised and someone listed a bunch of Nokia phones & changed my address to a U.K. address!

Just recently, I've started searching for authentic name brand dealers so I think that's why I'm coming across so many scammers all of sudden. But, it isn't making for a very good start for me. Right now, I've tossed almost $2000 in to scammers' hands (which is about $2000 more than this stay at home mom can afford!) :(

Good luck!
  4. SCFieldsy

SCFieldsy

Hi Cathy,

My wife quit her job to take over the business I started 3 years ago. We too do not have the luxury of being able to throw money away. Even $1-2K hurts! I can't imagine losing tens of thousands ... oh, wait, yes I can ... I did it in the tech stock crash a few years back! Now I remember ... it really sucks!!

Anyhow, I'd recommend running the supplier names through this forum and 411, then running a whois on their company and even pay the nominal fee to whois the person themselves (background check) before going forward with anyon new. I also find the trader ratings on ioffer to be useful.

Steve
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.