Yet another addition - About me page

Discussion in 'Forum Support & Feedback' started by ladyvgw, Apr 6, 2011.

1. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Hi all,

Following on from Toms good idea about tagging I thought of somthing that I would love to see on the forum and that would give buyers more info on community advertisers and reduce the need for bumping advertising threads (which I am guilty of) which at the same time would cut down on the number of threads from newbies wanting reassurance about certain sellers.

There has been a thread knocking around recently that lists all community advertisers and what they sell, could this idea be expanded upon and we have a new area of the forum listing out all advertisersd with links to an 'about me' page where advertisers could customise their page with company info, contact details, links to advertising threads, feedback and other useful info?

Just a thought.

Vicky:)
  2. Dave

Dave

Sounds good Vicky, it gets my vote.
  3. wroberts

wroberts

I've spoken to Anthony about this previously (while doing the thread I think Vicky is referring to in the OP?) and he said that it is something that the team planned to put in place :) So yeah gets my vote too.
  4. LazyBrit

LazyBrit

Sounds good to me.

Alex
  5. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Hi Will, yes it was your thread I was talking about :)
  6. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

i know many deals are done through thisd forum but i think it could become an even bigger selling platform if sellers had a shopfront to showcase their products and special offers. Who knows it could be the wholesale version of ebay one day :p
  7. wroberts

wroberts

Superb idea! That would keep the new technical guy busy! :welldone:
  8. Dave

Dave

Oh dear I would never be able to figure this out, please print instructions suitable for someone who is VERY old. :(
  9. Michael

Michael

10. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Lol, dont worry Dave, I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who could help you :)
  11. Ron

Ron

This is a great idea, thanks Vicky! Bumping advertising threads in the marketplace is indeed a problem and if this section could help address it, that would be awesome!
  12. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Hi Michael,

I had seen that but what I was suggesting was something a little more comprehensive like a directory of suppliers split into categories that would then lead to company profile pages where advertisers can link to their selling threads, highlight key products, show their feedback, contact details etc.

I honestly think that if is was easier to browse the products offered for sale on this forum then it would attract more members.

Vicky :)
  13. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Hi Ron,

Yes I was aware of this, Anthony has already told me off once :p

The reason this popped into my mind was that so many of my threads have disappeared off the radar and the only way to get these threads in front of buyers is to bump them, hope some else comments or re submit the thread (which I think is against the rules!).

With a community advertisers about me page all the threads could be listed showing buyers a history of products that have been offered for sale.

Vicky :)
  14. ZeeRocK

ZeeRocK Banned Member

I reckon it could be a great idea.

As of bumping your advertising thread, I'm strongly against of posting in your OWN thread over n again and posting the same thread again so it gets more exposure.

There must be some sort of rules to avoid these issue. I was about to open a thread but I'm sure Vicky won't mind posting it in here.
  15. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Not sure I understand what you mean :\
  16. ZeeRocK

ZeeRocK Banned Member

Sorry I was bit off topic and posted about some rules on how to bump a thread.
  17. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Oh right, I get what you mean now. No I dont mind, it all kind of fits in with the original thread :)
  18. John

John

19. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Cheers John :)

Hopefully Anthony will see this and comment on whether the idea has merit.
  20. Beauty Wonderland

Beauty Wonderland

I think it's a fantastic idea. I'm sure for new members it can be tricky to find whether any of the advertisers sell the items they're looking for, or other items that they might be interested in if they knew about them. After all if a thread is a little old it won't show up, or even if they find it via search they may think that as it's old those products are no longer available.