1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Yiwu Fengdan Alibaba Gold Member fraudster

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by Terrano, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Terrano

Terrano

Hello all i was recently ripped off by Jacky Yang at Yiwu Fengdan.
    It is a pity i only found this site after i was ripped off of $2200.
    I ordered wigs from Jacky Yang at Yiwu Fengdan and paid the money via wire transfer and never received the goods.
    All the warning signs were there , such as "please pay into an alternate account because of all the excessive charges on his other account"
    As soon as he had all of my money he denied asking me to pay the money into the alternate account.
    I took my case to the Safe Trade at Alibaba department and after supplying all of my documentation to them they said that i had a case.
    They then asked for all the email correspondence which i supplied.
    The stumbling block according to them is that because my emails are not stored at my email provider and they cannot personally check all of them on a remote server they can therefore not verify my side of the story , each email i supplied though has the header built in which confirms the route the mail has taken.
    The ladies at Alibaba either are not very technically proficient or they are trying to protect
    their suppliers.
    A lady at Alibaba commented that i should take my case to the China Police to get justice now surely if she expressed that opinion it means at some level they believe my story , but just not enough to get my money back and boot out the Gold Verified Member who remains on their site to steal from others..

Regards
    Terence
  2. mgroadster

mgroadster Banned Member

Gold members, 3grand a pop. I too probably wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to wave em goodbye either like the Alibaba staff.
  3. mgroadster

mgroadster Banned Member

They know that going to the Chinese old bill will take you forever, if at all you manage to communicate effectively.
    If you look at the 3 grand gold members have to pay, but in the long run can stripe up 30k+ it's not going to end.
    Alibaba and the 40 thieves can continue to get their 3 grands and the gold members can continue to strike gold.
  4. Solomon

Solomon

Yes...dealing with mainland China is like going back to the 'wild west', so many cowboys trying to be part of the manufacturing/supplier gold rush. My experience tells me that dealing with an established agent in Hong Kong is a better route.

If you insist on buying direct via alibaba, use Paypal. Never wire money or use western union.

Just my 2 cents worth.... ;)
  5. advenplus

advenplus Banned Member

Find a bunch of product photos from the internet and then build a website to put them together.

Mark the price around 30% lower than the market and answer some questions. Then loads of buyers sending money in.

That's no point to do genuine business which you need to sit in front of your computer almost 24/7 to generate tiny bit turnover.
  6. Ann Tsang

Ann Tsang

Terence, I've check the YiWu Fengdan Accessories in alibaba --the 5years glod member which means they paid 100,000~150,000RMB to Alibaba already. Your situation seems complicated, I am from China, hope can provide some helpful info.