1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Yodel...anyone used them?

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Dave Casuals, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

Just gone on a regular courier booking site, and most of the usual budget courier companies have dissapeared and been replaced by Yodel, who I have never heard of? Their prices seem to good...there is a major gap in prices between them and the likes of TNT, City Link etc. Has anyone used Yodel or heard any stories...?
  2. Tracy

Tracy

I think they used to be HDNL, but i could be wrong.
  3. Digitalfever

Digitalfever

Ive heard they brought out a large part of DHL.

Had a package picked up the other day from them when i had arranged it via DHL. Also had a package delivered from them the other day. No probs what so ever, all on time etc.
  4. rayloveday

rayloveday

They bought DHL Domestic from DHL and have been operating for at least a year or so. They are slowly rebranding from DHL Domestic to their new name.

They are introducing measures that make them less attractive than the others such as no sameday collection (next day instead) so presuambly since it's a less time oriented service they are offering lower costs.
  5. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

right cheers guys...i wondered why DHL wern't listed on the site. One very annoying thing, is thier website doesn't explain courier collection properly. I see that it's best arranging through a courier, but they offer the collect+ service which allows you to leave a parcel in your nearest shop, which is ideal for my as I'm out tommorrow and need to dispatch a parcel, and can do this early in the morning. But there is not 1 contact number on their website and instead you have to fill out a form in order to receive a reply (presumably by customer service), but it's reached the end of the day and no call, so not the best start, since I need info on how collect+ works. I've used collect+ before for catalogue returns, but have no info on what is required for this service if sending a parcel...surely I have to weight this and fill out some kind of form online and tehn take it into a shop?
  6. fulfilco

fulfilco

Goto collectplus.co.uk and you can book it in from there and print the label. If you have ongoing volume then you'd save money by outsourcing to a fulfilment house like us.
  7. chrisbawden

chrisbawden

Thats right, they brought out part of DHL.

We get daily deliverys from them, they seem pretty reliable to be honest and the drivers appear to be pretty polite and helpful.
  8. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

Spoke to Yodel and after being passed to 3 different customer service staff, no one knew how collect+ worked, even though the collect+ service is listed on their website...so I gave up! :thumbdown:
  9. fulfilco

fulfilco

Like I said, go to collectplus.co.uk
  10. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

I did mate...in the end. But Yodel were listed as a courier by the agent I use, so just wanted info from them as to how the service worked, and wanted to speak to them about a couple of other things.

cheers mate.
  11. mijosi

mijosi

Until recently, I was an employee for yodel at one of their south east depots. That anyone receives their parcels is fortuitous to say the least. They have a barcode tracking system that barely works and crashes constantly. Add to that the cavalier way that the parcels are handled, the fact that many of the drivers are so overloaded that they do not even attempt to deliver them and that the management are largely imcompetent. The GLIT (goods lost in transit ie stolen) is horrendous running into many tens of thousands per month in a lot of depots. If you really want your parcel to arrive, my advice is to use a proper courier service.
  12. Luigi24

Luigi24

I have had contracts with:
    DPD
    ParcelForce
    DHL via broker

On our 2nd stint with DPD, service has improved. Your clients get texts with delivery times and emails. Only 1 hiccup so far but other than that it has been running very well.
  13. fulfilco

fulfilco

Same here. What is your split between DPD/Parcelforce? Pros/Cons?
  14. Luigi24

Luigi24

I stopped using Parcelforce altogether when we signed with DPD. When we used DHL, they did not offer a collection service from clients, so we retained ParcelForce services. DHL started getting very slack, so we changed to DPD, cost was the same but with service benefits. DPD offered us collection services as well so we have not used ParcelForce in a few months now.

ParcelForce cost more and have lost 1 too many items. Once we delivered to the depot, few days later client said item did not turn up, called up ParcelForce, they denied receiving the item.

With DPD our clients are informed when parcels are collected and on the morning of delivery with an estimated delivery time, accurate to within 1 hour. It's a fantastic service as many people are not home, so it makes it easier for them to ensure someone is home at a particular time as opposed to waiting in the whole day.
  15. fulfilco

fulfilco

Yeah I agree. We also tried La Poste via DPD but they lost a lot of Airmail. Could have been the recipient countries but too much of a coincidence.
  16. phoenixsupplies

phoenixsupplies

Hi have used Yodel, when they were DHL then Yodel, dire, avoid.
  17. Dave Casuals

Dave Casuals

I have always said DPD are the best and raved about them for ages...for 2 years non stop I coudln't fault them. However the last 6 months I've ordered from my supplier on on regular occassions when placing order on a tuesday or wednesday expecting next day delivery (which normally is with DPD), goods havn't arrived until following monday. Brought it up with my supplier thinking it was them being slack, but seemed to be an issue when goods were sent out and kept in the depot for a couple of days...this always seemed to be the case when ordering on a wednesday or thursday. My supplier said that their service was going downhill and because i didn't have an account with them, I couldn't ring DPD to speak to anyone.

I'm thinking most couriers have a time when things go slightly downhill...However i think I'd give Yodel a total miss. Their customer service is appalling!!!
  18. theguitarman

theguitarman

it took five days instead of three for my sons parcel to arrive. it came at 16.20 and he had already left for wales. ive now got the expense of sending it down there.rest assured i will be using royal mail.
  19. Michael

Michael

I enquired with yodel about an account today but they require 10,000 parcels per annum so that wa that.

Pointed me to the sister company collect+ but they dont take liquids so that was a complete waste of time!

I am currently in talks with citylink and looks like that will be the final choice.
  20. Gary

Gary

I have used citylink with no complaints, booked in the morning, picked up in the afternoon and delivered next day, price was reasonable too (cheaper than yodel on occasion depending on package).