1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Yodel experience.

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Cody, May 10, 2016.

1. Cody

Cody

This is the first time I've had a delivery being delivered by Yodel, and I will firstly start by saying I am appalled by their service.

I recently purchased an order on eBay, which should have been with me on the 4th of May (last Wednesday), and I still haven't received the parcel in question. Yodel claimed that their was an "attempted delivery" on that Wednesday, then informed me they have left a calling card. A calling card was not left, and also the time they claimed this was delivered was a time when my partner and I were in our apartment. In fact, we had been in the apartment an hour before hand ready for the package.

Wednesday 4th May
    1st Lie) Attempted delivery
    2nd Lie) Calling card left
    Yodel also went on to say that the parcel will be sent out the second time, but on the Thursday. Yet again the parcel was not delivered at any time throughout the day, despite myself being home. Yet again, an apparent calling was left.

Thursday 5th May
    3rd Lie) Attempted delivery 2nd time
    4th Lie) Calling card left

I was (and still am) extremely furious. I spoke to them at all times since Wednesday via Twitter, which was no help. All they could say was 'I see it's being sent out for delivery today', 'it's being sent out for delivery tomorrow'. And so on.

Yodel claimed the driver was in fact in the right place to be able to deliver this parcel, so they are unsure as to why it was not delivered. Although kept saying 'But the driver has attempted to deliver 2 times already'.

I was informed that the driver will deliver this parcel on Friday now, and despite myself providing them with my number, details of what my apartment looks like, being next door to a specific Art gallery above a charity shop etc, the driver was still unable to deliver my item.

You got it, Yodel said there had been an attempted delivery, oh and also an apparent calling card.

Friday 6th May
    5th Lie) Attempted delivery
    6th Lie) Calling card left

By this time you can imagine just how angry I am. I tried ringing them, no luck there, I carried on via Twitter, not much response from their "customer service team". They claimed how sorry they were, and that the delivery will be delivered on Saturday.

Saturday 7th May
    7th Lie) Attempted delivery
    8th Lie) Calling card left

Monday 9th May
    9th Lie) Attempted delivery
    10th Lie) Calling card left

Tuesday 10th May
    I have been through to their customer service team who were very nice, but unable to find a solution as the sender has now requested the item to be returned so that he can issue me with a replacement. How nice!
    This doesn't solve the fact that Yodel has failed to do a simple job of delivering an item I bought last week (4th May).

I managed to chat to a supervisor, however only by their silly online chat. Apparently despite using the Customer Consumer Act on them they are unable to have a manager speak to me, or myself to speak to a manager...great start.

'Nicola: The drivers GPS system does place him in the correct location for the delivery attempts that have been made.'
    'Cody: There has not been 3 correct delivery attempts. The driver hasn't even attempted to deliver.'
    'Cody: If the driver has the correct address then why hasn't this parcel been delivered?'
    'Nicola: I can understand why this would be frustrating for you Cody. I have checked the system for you and I can see this parcel has received 3 correct delivery attempts at your address and has been held at the depot.'

A reoccurring occurrence here from the looks of it.

Why hasn't the driver even bothered to deliver my parcel?

I am now waiting on the sender to resend yet again. Which would probably take a few days for the parcel to get to him, then for him to send it back out would most likely mean I'll get this parcel next week or two.

Has anyone else had this issue with Yodel?

I'm now stuck as to what to do as I've tried everything I can possibly think of.
  2. Dean

Dean

I used to have a dim view of Yodel. We now use them occasionally, mainly for sending to Amazon Vendor, without any more issues than we have with other couriers.

I was told by someone in the know that Yodel seem to get a lot more bad press because they handle far more domestic deliveries than any other courier in the UK. So although they get what appears to be more complaints, percentage wise they are no better or worse than most of the others.

Do Yodel allow you to redirect an incoming delivery? Could you get it sent to family or friends address?
  3. Cody

Cody

I have had no issues with other couriers so far, only Yodel on this occasion. However it just seems so bizarre how a driver cannot simply do one thing right. And then lie about having tried to deliver.

Yodel did say they would deliver last night to my neighbours, so they never did. It's back off to the sender now anyway, so I guess all I can do is wait on him to send me a replacement.
  4. Cody

Cody

Wow! So my parcel has eventually turned up. Just got it today, should have been with me on the 11th May.

Not sure why it took them so long.

In cases like this, is there anyone can do because it's just terrible to not deliver and then lie about it being delivered?
  5. beacon hill

beacon hill

What did the driver have to say on the matter
  6. Cody

Cody

The driver said nothing. He just handed it over and left straight away before I could say anything.
    beacon hill likes this.