1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Yodel Rant

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by MSFB, Oct 28, 2011.

1. MSFB

MSFB

I don't usually do this but Yoel have driven me to the point of suicide with their useless service. Here's a copy of the complaint I emailed out of frustration. (looking forward to my automated response).

Literally the worst customer service of all time.

Wednesday - no delivery
    Thursday - no delivery
    Friday - no delivery

Have taken 3 days off work in a row after being told my package would be delivered on those days. Confirmed friday delivery with 3 different people on thursday - call friday and told it will be monday and there's nothing anyone can do. No supervisors to talk to. One customer service agent called Darren or Darryl literally lied to me 3 times on the same call saying hed called the warehouse, when I spoke to someone else they revealed they cant even make calls and only have a headset. Darren/Darryl then put me on hold for 10 minutes and let the phone ring out obviously on purpose.

Was told to call the Enfield deopt, rang for 40 minutes with no asnwer.

The 'can do' attitude does not exist. It's the complete opposite and everyone at Yodel knows it. I will never, ever use Yodel again if I can help it. You have cost me time and money with your incompetent delivery and even worse customer service.

Utterly disgraceful.

Like I said i don't usually get emotional about these things but Yodel just take the biscuit. I hope they all die.
  2. Gary

Gary

I used to use Yodel with no problems, however, since my last package with them around mid September I will never use them again and haver gone back to UPS who have never let me down and now UPS isn't really that much more expensive when booked through interparcel, this was the tracking for my last Yodel '48 hour' delivery

Customer finally got it after 11 DAYS on the 23rd, thing is, there was no address correction needed as it was sent to the correct address and even then it hung around Gatwick for another 3 days, thing is, it was being delivered to Sussex!

Never Again!
  3. shopafrolix

shopafrolix Banned Member

I use APC Overnight and UK Mail, both next day services with no problems, and also City Link Next Day, but their cut-off time is day before. With UK Mail I can takes orders up until 6pm and they get delivered next day - because I'm the drivers last collection point before the depot !
  4. MSFB

MSFB

Update from Yodel: I can collect it myself or wait until the depot responds. They still don't know what day it will be delivered.

The problem is I have to convince my supplier to stop using them somehow. It's hard enough to communicate about the stock let alone this.
  5. beacon hill

beacon hill

"Update from Yodel: I can collect it myself or wait until the depot responds"

Thats terrible service. Hope you can get your supplier to change couriers
  6. CarlyG

CarlyG

A word of advice (OK, a few words): ALWAYS record calls to these companies in situations such as this and make the operator state their full name.
    That way they are legaly accountable if breach of contract occurs (remember that verbal communication can be contracting).

If the worst comes to worst, inform them at the end of the call that it was recorded and will be published online for all to listen too... That will, 90% of the time, get you through to someone that actually cares about the business and not a half-asleep sales guy ;)

Some people may argue that consent is required but terms of the U.C.C state that evidential recordings require no consent!
  7. Gary

Gary

I was always under the impression that although consent is not needed per se, the other person needs to be informed that it is being recorded (like when you phone some customer services, etc. they generally say 'this call may be recorded for training purposes'

Then by them continuing knowing this would then be considered as consent

I could be mistaken but don't believe that I am, the same applies for cctv, you can have cameras (whether hidden or not) but you need to tell people that cctv is in operation (or with any other type of monitoring / surveillance).
  8. CarlyG

CarlyG

That's a common misconception.
    You can inform them at the end then add they FOIa clause.... "if you would like a copy, send a FOI request to the address you have on file with a £10 administration fee".

The reason you hear the message at the start of a call is simple: They are calling from a commercial property, not private.

Private property and commercial property are totally seperate as is law and legality!
    They may be tangentially linked but sui juris may just open your eyes ;)
  9. CarlyG

CarlyG

OK... Let's take the city based CCTV.
    Have you ever seen a "notice" (offer of contract) informing you they are recording?

I haven't. The police are people too and have to abide by the same laws.
    They will never admit it, but they do.
  10. Gary

Gary

Oh right, so that's why the CCTV notices are in shops, pubs, etc. as they're commercial property

I did say I may be mistaken, I didn't realise you could say at the end with the FOIa clause, learn something new and all that (never know when it may come in handy)
  11. MSFB

MSFB

how did this end up as an argument about cctv.

recording a convo is fine but with yodel i get the sense that you could storm their head office with a SWAT team and jack bauer and you still woldn't get any useful information out of anyone.
  12. Michael

Michael

It only takes two minutes to find out that Yodel are getting terrible reviews, I will never use them after the reviews I read.
  13. shopafrolix

from my memory Yodel are a combination of HDNL (which was originally a catalogue delivery service for Littlewoods) who were crap, and DHL's failed Express delivery service, also crap, which joined to form YODEL. So it's pretty obvious that when 2 crap couriers joined forces , they too would be crap

Barclay brothers have a lot to answer to !
  14. MSFB

MSFB

Just had a check on my 3 parcels. 1 is still 'awaiting booking in date' which doesn't look promising for deliver tomorrow. the other 2 say 'cognsinee on holiday'. which makes no sense.

Now i've got orders coming in that can't be sent until yodel turns up, and who knows when that will be?!
  15. MSFB

MSFB

just wanted to let everyone know that today i turned up at the warehouse with my driving license, proof of address and my passport just in case, waited 5 minutes for someone to come to the counter and listened to 3 people in the office talking about '******** amazon gna go mental tomorrow' and 'enfield driver's gone AWOL' then some guy from the warehouse came over, took my 3 tracking numbers and bought 4 parcels out on a forklift. I loaded all 4 into my car before realising and pointing out that one wasnt actually addressed to me, gave it back and drove off.

didnt bother checking any of my id, or even asking my name, but hey at least i have my stock, just had to do their job for them.
  16. shopafrolix

wayhey ! Another fan of Yodel into the fold . . . I love Yodel too !
  17. LucasFoster

LucasFoster

Had 2 yodel deliveries in the last week! Both left "in a secure place" round the side of the house.

It almost gave me a heart attack realising hundreds of pounds worth of stock had been left where they had been!

Royal mail deliverys have always gone back to the depot when I missed them! They could clearly see how un safe it would have been to try and leave it anywhere else!