1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Yodel unveils new service proposition

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by Lace, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

The UK’s largest parcel delivery company announced improvements to their service in order to meet customer demands. According to Yodel, online delivery market conditions continue to change and demand for increased flexibility is rising.

[​IMG]
    One of the changes include Yodel moving to a six day a week service, increasing to seven days during December, with the removal of premium charges for weekend deliveries, and standard pricing across the UK.

Yodel will also invest in a program of training staff and engaging seasonal staff early to ensure peak performance. Shoppers can also enjoy Yodel’s SMS and email delivery updates including time slot advice and tracking.

"We've reviewed our performance, listened to consumer demand and responded," commented Yodel's CEO, Jonathan Smith.

Changes are to be rolled out client by client and are expected to be in full effect before Christmas 2012.

Source
  2. James Ticer

James Ticer

In my experiences they sound improve their service by actually delivering items, using cards when delivery attempts have failed and employing reliable drivers. I would avoid using this company at all costs!
    MSFB likes this.
  3. Sellerexpress Team

Sellerexpress Team

I've had a number of bad experiences with Yodel in the past but am happy to see they are working to improve. Nobody is perfect and is worth a second chance. With the raising costs at the Royal Mail they are likely to be getting a lot of new customers soon either way!
  4. planner

planner

The proof will be in the pudding. They talk the talk but can they do the walk? Time will tell.
  5. shopafrolix

shopafrolix Banned Member

one agent I use utilise YODEL, but offer 2 different services

1 is YODEL 48 - using former Home Delivery Network HDNL (£8.00)
    2 is YODEL 24 - using former DHL domestic network (£8.99)

as we know, Yodel is both companies together, so is this announcement referring to 24 or 48 hour services, or both ? And we know that it's the old HDNL network that has been unreliable in the past (DHL have a proven record)

And don't think we didn't notice the bit stating . . .
    and how long will it take for the other 'more reliable' couriers to follow suit, and hence make this announcement worthless ?
  6. MSFB

MSFB

seeing as their website, customer service staff and CEO were so full of utter **** when i had an absolute nightmare with them earlier this year i dont see any reason to believe them this time.
    Genuinely hope they go out of business and die.
  7. Volantary

Volantary

It's the sort of thing that makes you think you could do a better job yourself...
  8. rayloveday

rayloveday

They actually announced all this on the same day as the Royal Mail retail price hikes. Jonathan Smith is a real shark - wouldn't touch Yodel with a barge pole. I bought a £300 sat nav system from Amazon and these jokers delivered it. They left it behind the bin outside our office and I just caught a scruffy bloke getting into his banged up old golf. I wondered what on earth he was doing before I realised he had a ton of Amazon parcels littered across his back seat. If I were Amazon, I'd be horrified.
  9. shopafrolix

shopafrolix Banned Member

That's the thing that amazes me - major retailers use them ! Don't they search forums/websites etc for feedback like us little 'uns do ? Must all boil down to price !