1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

You know when you're taking on more when...

Discussion in 'Logistics - Payment & Shipping' started by QuickPackSupplies, Sep 27, 2012.

1. QuickPackSupplies

QuickPackSupplies

Two local post offices near enough refuse to take parcels from you!

One (my local) post office which i've been to since forever said they can't take my parcels anymore simply due to the weight and amount of bags.

And the other not so local explains that its best to bring them at set times because they are taking a lot of bags from me. Set times being before 12AM or 2.30pm - 4.30PM this is when the collection drivers come twice a day.

Looks like I'm going to have to start dropping it off at the RM depot now if they let me! Or arranging to get them collected but I've only just started spending 1K a month on postage.
  2. WDMR

WDMR

Are these packaging supplies? Pretty bulky if so.

Dropping them off at a delivery office is fine as long as it isn't too far away...
  3. QuickPackSupplies

QuickPackSupplies

is about the same distance as the PO to be honest just out the way a little at first, yep quite heavy and at least 50-70 a day.
  4. uhafmail

uhafmail

50-70 a day and you are only just doing £1000 a month? I would have thought with the type of parcels you send you would be doing at least £2k a month.
  5. QuickPackSupplies

QuickPackSupplies

Anything over 3kg is sent via courier so this is where 40% of the cost goes.

Also my items are actually quite light at the minute.

My competitors can offer cheaper heavier goods and not sure how, must only be a cheap courier.
  6. Furness Trading

Furness Trading

£1k postage per month and still taking goods to post office. Time to get a rep out and have a proper account set up where they (being your chosen delivery company) collect from you. Be it RM or anybody else
  7. Dean

Dean

Royal Mail charge for collections if you're spending less than £15k a year. And it 'aint cheap!!

Might be worth having a chat with them anyway as you might be able to persuade them.

I have my mail collected and it saves so much time and effort. I don't have to get in the car, find a parking space, walk down the high street, queue for ages, etc, etc. The postie just turns up and off it goes! Well worth the expense for me.
    Furness Trading likes this.
  8. Furness Trading

Furness Trading

Good post. Life is tough out there for everybody. You'd be surprised what you can get by calling the rep in and discussing current spend plus projected spend.
  9. Zak_K

Zak_K

James I know you're quite local to me, and I've had some problems with RM parcels too. I started going to the West Bromwich Mailing Centre, and they'll be fine accepting mail til around 6pm. I missed this deadline yesterday and had to go to the main mailing centre in Birmingham and they told me that I can drop the mail off by 7.30 at the very latest but I'd have to call them first.
  10. QuickPackSupplies

QuickPackSupplies

I drop mine off at the dudley mailing / sorting office now. So much easier been there 3 times so far. Now dropping them off in the morning at 7 but scary as they tell me to just leave the bags on the side and they will be sorted. Of a morning the trolleys which have the mailing bags on are not set up , think they set them up about 9. Whereas if I go in the afternoon they are all set up.
  11. QuickPackSupplies

QuickPackSupplies

There's not really a better tarrif than packet post to the Uk to be on really for bulky items under 3kg are there I sent mostly LL but now their getting heavier.
  12. mrbritish

mrbritish

sign up for royal mail tracked you then get free collections even on packetpost
    even if you only send a few items via tracked
    tbh may work out cheaper for your larger weight items
  13. Import Export Business

Import Export Business

That is a very good sign! What products are you moving?
  14. QuickPackSupplies

QuickPackSupplies

Packaging materials might need you as I want to start importing from china. Depending on your prices come next year Q1.