Youtube advice for promoting company

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by Lionhearts, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Lionhearts

Lionhearts

Hi there,

I've been here a number of years, and am really grateful for any advice.

Basically I run a fairly successful (but not big) business.

I wanted to start taking it off by having some youtube videos about the company,products,how to etc.

Now, youtube, no matter what anyone says, can be very fickle. Whilst I do have the knowledge, I was the sort of guy who hated drama at school, and talking in front of a camera is not something that appeals to me. That said, a lot of people have not heard of our company, so youtube has to be done. I just fear that individuals will see past the information I post, and just merely look at me/lack of confidence and not watch the video/not come to the company.

My question is this,

I have a few confident friends, and while they have a slight interest in my products, obviously would need guidance about what to say.

So I can either (1) do the videos myself (not extremely confident)
    (2) Ask a confident friend/someone who looks the part to do the videos
    (3) Not have anyone, but just have a high quality animated video(s) produced instead.

Does anyone have any recommendations? As I said, people can be quite fickle (hence big videogame companies hiring attractive women to review their games on youtube to draw in more viewers).

Has anyone else had this dilemma, and if so, what did you do? There is a big market in these videos I want to produce, so I need to get it right :)
  2. toysandgifts

toysandgifts Banned Member

Check out Fiverr. I had a few videos produced there, they were brilliant.
    Lionhearts likes this.
  3. psxgamer

psxgamer

Why sit in front of the camera? You could just show some images about your products, warehouse or whatever you want to show with your voice over. I've been thinking to do the same and add this video to my website. But I don't have a decent camera and my voice sounds awful. I'll have another try when I find the time.
    Lionhearts and Lace like this.
  4. Lace

Lace Retired Moderator

Ditto on psxgamer's advice, you don't have to sit in front of the camera. If you watch shows like Attack of the Show in G4 TV, you'll have lots of ideas on how to show your products in an interesting manner (search them on YouTube). This means clear product shots, witty dialogue, and proper editing. What are your products by the way? :)

P.S. Thanks for finally diving in and posting in our community, hope to see more of you! ^^
    Lionhearts likes this.
  5. Lionhearts

Lionhearts

Thanks Lace :) I'll have a look. It's mainly health products, but quite niche ones :)

Toysandgifts, could you let me know either here or through messaging who that producer on fiverr is? As there are so many! :)

I just thought people might want to see the 'person' behind the products. I definitely don't want to shamelessly promote my own products. I want to give health advice too, so that's why I was torn between standing in front of a camera/doing animated ones :)

Thanks for the replies so far
  6. fyaworld

fyaworld

Why not have both? A visual advertisement and then one with an 'actor' in. Double the marketing!
  7. plusmarketing

plusmarketing

8. youronlinestuff

youronlinestuff Banned Member

people use youtube just like they use google search, so do some keyword research and see what your potential customers are searching for and do videos that cater for them