Youtube Videos for SEO

Discussion in 'Social Media, SEO/SEM & Online Marketing' started by ladyvgw, Mar 18, 2016.

1. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Ok so tonight I have taken the plunge and attempted a basic Youtube video, the emphasis on basic! I am hoping that with a bit of trial and error I will be able to eventually make something that passes for a decent video with decent content. I know at the moment that this video is about as interesting as watching paint dry but as my first effort I don't think its too bad! Obviously just advertising product is not going to hold too many peoples attention so I need to come up with clever and interesting ideas for some more videos.

Any tips welcome or if anyone knows anyone with some skill in this area that doesn't charge a fortune please let me know :)

2. liamhawes

liamhawes

Could try checking out fiverr ??
    ladyvgw likes this.
  3. psxgamer

psxgamer

Certainly a very nice video for a first try :)

As above would check out fiverr to buy a professional intro for your videos. Only $ 5 and makes a more professional impression.

Don't know if you have any products that are suited for these. I'm selling a product to safely remove price stickers and others from retro games. So made a short video in which I demonstrate how to use it.

As a buyer I'm always eager to know a bit more about the "behind the screens" of a company. So why not show something about your storage unit, show somebody packing the orders,... You have a few kids. Show your kids playing with the toys you sell?
    ladyvgw likes this.
  4. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

5. Import Expert

Import Expert

A good first effort! You may also want to consider using Vimeo instead of youtube. There is a subscription cost but you don't get the annoying adverts pop up over your videos.

See ours as an example:
    ladyvgw likes this.
  6. Gary

Gary

Did you need permission for the background music on that video Darren?
  7. Import Expert

Import Expert

Hi Gary,

That particular one (L2P) was put together by the charity Panathlon, but yes the would have needed permission or pay for use of any music.
    Gary likes this.
  8. 0754ben84

0754ben84

Here's my take...

I would say YouTube for a couple of reasons;
    1. It's the internet's second largest search engine - bigger than Yahoo and Bing which means far higher traffic volume
    2. Google own YouTube which mean they prioritise their videos over any others in Google's search results
    I think you can turn those ads off anyway in the video settings in YouTube.

In terms videos, I would say the best way to promote your products is my showing people actually using them and having fun with them.

Get people to imagine that they own it - I mean, think of all the fun you could have with an inflatable banana!

Of course it means recording a video for each product, but converisons will increase.

AND you could give that video to your retailers to use which will increase their conversions, hence they will come to you for stock more regularly, so you make more money!

Bosh!
    liamhawes and ladyvgw like this.
  9. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Sounds good. I think my kids are going to be busy!
    Import Expert likes this.
  10. liamhawes

liamhawes

Great idea.
  11. ladyvgw

ladyvgw

Ok so the kids were playing in the garden today........perfect opportunity! It was a bit of an inpromtu video hence it being on the phone which I know is not great, wish we had done it landscape now!

Still learnin but hopefully someone, somewhere will watch it!

0754ben84 likes this.
  12. 0754ben84

0754ben84

Aha,

Always, always, ALWAYS shoot your videos in landscape.

I shot this one for our pet business a while ago. Again, it's on a mobile so the quality isn't that great in part but potential customers love it and it;

ladyvgw likes this.
  13. Online Seller UK

Online Seller UK

All good tips above. Recruiting users to take videos may work better. Take time to get people in but would be good idea. If you look at Amazon's growth it is led by people's reviews and there are tons of people around to give you honest reviews.
    Cody likes this.
  14. Cody

Cody

Indeed some great advice here. Showing the product in action really works, just as @psxgamer mentioned about getting your children involved.
    Using my advertising degree here, it's best to focus on 'selling the sizzle, not the steak' a term coined by non other than Elmer Wheeler. If you focus on what the toys bring, not only to the kids, but the parents too then you can start working towards a very good brief.

Do you want just toys, or toys that will keep the kids busy for hours whilst you relax, sit outside in the garden drinking some wine with your feet up, all still bringing happiness and excitement to your children type of toys? Sell the experience, not the product.

Getting a nice little jingle in place will help to build the brand. Many customers these days don't actually need to view a video to understand what the brand is about. Think of the McDonalds jingle at the end. Very catchy, strengthens and enforces their brand. However this will develop and become stronger over time, so getting people accustomed to your brand to start of with is key. the first part of the song in the video is a nice little jingle (remove a lot of the singing and have it fade out).

In terms of video editing and it's appearance, it's not about how simple or complex it is, it's about the quality of the promotion. :)
    ladyvgw, 0754ben84 and Gary like this.
  15. 0754ben84

0754ben84

A lesson for everyone here.

People NEVER buy the product, they buy the END RESULT that the product delivers.

Doesn't matter what the product (or services) is, ALWAYS sell it on the end result.

Diamond ring? Sell the special 'feeling' the end user will get by wearing it.
    Teeth whitener? Sell the feeling of confidence that a white smile will bring.
    Grass fertiliser? Sell the feeling of lush thick grass beneath your feet. Or being the envy of your neighbours because their lawns aren't as plush.

People buy with emotion and justify with logic - so leverage those emotions in your sales materials.

If you can implement this thought process (and execute it properly) into your marketing, you will never have to worry about making sales again. People will fall over themselves to buy your products.
    plusmarketing, Cody and Gary like this.
  16. Gary

Gary

Some great advice from Cody there!

(and that quote is so true even though I haven't seen/heard it for a while).
    Cody likes this.
  17. Cody

Cody

Thanks guys, happy to help :)

Provide my expertise where needed. :p
  18. Flippinsweet|Danny

Flippinsweet|Danny

I've just started using videos in my marketing efforts. So far it's been short clips mainly for social media purposes, but i'd really like to put together something a little more substantial in length (rather than 15seconds for insta, 30 for twitter).

I think one of the big benefits to video on an seo level, should you place video content on your website bounce rates should significantly decrease! I don't know about you guys but if i see a video link on a website i can't help but click :D

Take a look at my recent effort :)

19. Funky Nut

Funky Nut

Hello there and video marketing (Content marketing) is a subject very close to my heart. I think this is the way to go for any business with youtube being the 2nd larget search engine now. Some tips here

1. Answer customers questions in a short vid, what would they search in Google... For me its like (What nut butter has the highest protein content) Thats a new video
    2. Format the video for different formats so, 5/10 mins for You tube. Cut the same one down to 15 seconds for Twitter, 30 seconds to Instagram. People consume content differently. Think about someone standing in the line at the coffee shop. they can see your vid
    3. Add some humour or personality.. Its not just about your product its about you
    4. Building on No3 have clips of what happens in work. people like to connect. I have a clip of one of my lads dancing in the production area. Not sure I can post links but ******* - if this is deleted search You tube for Funky Nut Dance
    5. Let people know about your vids. and as with any web use the correct SEO etc to help people find it

Hope this is of help
  20. Moncharm

Moncharm

Hello - Could you please advise whether video creation is particularly useful for targeting a particular keyword on Google?

Regards,
    Moncharm