1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Have you checked if your business appears in our directory? Add your basic information for FREE!

Click Here to know more!!

If you would like links to source leads, upgrade from £12.50 a month!

Click Here to subscribe!
Dismiss Notice

Hi Guest!

Our website stays online because of the support of our advertisers. A huge part of them are from banner ads that appear on our site. While some of them seems to be intrusive for some, these ads are needed to keep our community running and continue providing free membership service for buyers.

In light to this, we request that you disable ad blocking programs or add our website to your ad blocker's whitelist. This keeps us from offering our basic membership to everyone for free and help with maintenance costs of our website.

If you have already disabled ad blocking programs or added us into the whitelist, please ignore this message, this message will disappear in a few seconds!

Zavvi.co.uk

Discussion in 'Bad Supplier Experiences' started by DStuart, Aug 26, 2009.

1. DStuart

DStuart

I pre-ordered one game over one month ago, to try out and see if they worked all right.

Customer support is almost nonexistent or insufficient, asked for refund more then 5 times and zero answers received. Very unhappy with the service.

I believe I'm a very patient customer, and an understanding one too. But there is nothing to be understood or wait for if I at least don't get an answer of what the hell happened to my pre-order.
  2. Jedec

Jedec

Customer support via email or telephone?

Try calling them. Number's at the bottom of their homepage.

You pre-ordered the game over a month ago, but when was the release date?
  3. worldbargain

worldbargain

Hey,
    I am sorry to hear that. Have you tried complaining to their head office? Give them a call and they should try and help! Seems like very bad service, a compensation should be given. Good luck mate in getting whats yours.
  4. Brenz

Brenz

Extract from their T&C

You have put your location as Portugal here, did you enter a UK address when you made your order ?

Also consider the release date and possibly postal delays due to strikes ?

Brendan
  5. psxgamer

psxgamer

I've placed several orders with them. I had my games delivered in +- days or less from the UK to Belgium.

Same remarks:
    When is the game officially released?

There can be a delay. I recieved a game myself today I bought on Ebay UK almost a month ago. It had been posted the day after I won the object (paid with PayPal). It took 3-4 weeks to arrive. Very annoying, but it sometimes happens.
  6. DStuart

DStuart

Ok, I'll be explicit.

I pre-ordered the game The Conduit for the Wii on July 9th, you all know the game was already released some time ago... heck, I even bought it here in Portugal last week.

They ship to other countries, and I bought because I saw comments on a few communities saying they did it successfully to Portugal and other EU countries.

I have tried several options to complaint this situation to Zavvi, I also explained to them that calling to the UK isn't a very cheap option to me and kindly asked to work this out by email. I even registered an VOIP account and charged it with 10£ to call them, but their number doesn't work over VOIP for some strange reason.

So I got pissed about it today (don't remember why right now) and left this comment, some kind of last attempt / kind of quitting thread.

Still, thank you for the comments and sorry for my English.
  7. tmundrill

tmundrill

Zavvi, the company that brought Virgin Media then went bust?

They went in to administration and refused to accept gift vouchers, maybe it's different for there online store.

Regards
    Tom
  8. JoeBloggs

JoeBloggs

Did they go bust? They still have stores, they just reduced the number loads. I think they're still operating.

And btw, you mean virgin megastores.
  9. Tracy

Tracy

Are you kidding??? Your English is better than most English peoples lol

Anyway i thought you were from UK originally?

I heard a while back Zavvi had gone bust too.:\
  10. crispydog

crispydog

Zavvi did go bust & is now owned by THE HUT who do the online game sales for Argos,Tesco etc probably one of the biggest game & dvd retailers out there.
    It may be out of stock,if it is they dont take you money until dispatch.
    Bought lots of zavvi never had a problem.
  11. tmundrill

tmundrill

12. DStuart

DStuart

Sorry, I didn't mention that I was charged for the item, because I thought it was implicit.
    Honestly, I wouldn't complain here if I still had the money, and would never complain for an out of stock situation, for obvious reasons. I sometimes oversell and / or am in situations of out of stock, therefore if I ask for my clients patience, at least I should be patient to others that are in the same situation.

Thank you very much for the info of who owns what, and thank you for all the comments on the thread.

I'm new at this community, but I'm enjoying very much being registered here.