ZT-180 Android Tablets £105 each!

Discussion in 'Computers & Electronics' started by dedbay, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddad

maddad

If these tablets are the ZT-180's on 1.5 then they can be updated. I updated some i had, although not from this seller they were already on 2.1 but just an older firmware version
  2. Twisty

Twisty

The ones that are 1.5 are not ZT-180 and after doing some research they cant be upgraded unless theres a hacked 1.5 firmware that shows as 2.1, which is not really 2.1 as advertised. The seller sold different types of faulty items to people on here and not just tablets. I currently have 9 faulty tablets and 11 andorid 1.5. I can sell the 1.5 at cost price so not a problem but still have 9 faulty tablets. Maybe i can make a chair out of them.

If anyone needs Daves details then please PM me.
  3. atiqi36

atiqi36

I have contacted the admin team. I don't think his lack of communication is due to personal issues now because its been over a month since I last heard from him and he should have guts to come out and at least tell us what is going on.

We are 5/6 people so far who have problems with him now and we all are going to go down legal route so he won't get away with it.
  4. uhafmail

uhafmail

Twisty, if you want to cut your losses i can purchase the faulty units from you.
  5. rmasifrafique

rmasifrafique

I am having the same problem, I purchased 6 10" telechips tablets, three of them were returned by customers and I had to pay for postage costs. Last email I received from him was on 21/01. I think his clothing website www.camisera.co.uk is still working.
  6. Twisty

Twisty

Has anyone had any luck getting their money/goods back?

Heres some details everyone involved may be interested in:

Daves Address:

dave frame
    50 easterton ave
    glasgow
    east renfrewshire
    g76 8jj
    GB
    Phone: +44.07877755217

Storage Facility he was operating from:

Safestore
    588 Lawmoor Street
    Dixon Blazes
    Glasgow
    G5 0TY

Im going to drop his local Trading Standards an email now. Herse the contact email:

(Email Hidden for Privacy)

Or contact number:

0141 577 3782

I will probably start a small claims soon after i hear back from trading standards.
  7. Twisty

Twisty

No idea he had a clothing website aswell. They are still operating on ebay:

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/camisera/
  8. mishkon

mishkon

I just had loads of returns, from the last order from him. I am speaking with his supplier they said they would fix them, if thats any help to anyone, but you will be paying an arm and a leg to get them back to china.
  9. Twisty

Twisty

Thanks for the info Mishkon. I think i have about 10 faulty that im aware of. I even managed to get rid of the 1.5 OS ones.
  10. mishkon

mishkon

No probs, also i dont think the clothing is actually him, i think its his mate and he just helps. But worth an email i guess.
  11. Twisty

Twisty

Im not sure about the clothing company 'Camisera', but digging abit deeper i've found he has dealt with clothing before as 'brandwholesale', i have an email of him mentioning this. All of these 'businesses' have been operating from the same premises aswell. Maybe theres a few of them in it together? who knows.
  12. Twisty

Twisty

Also Mishkon, i know who his supplier is and i would not touch with a 10ft barge pole.
  13. rmasifrafique

rmasifrafique

He gave me his clothing company email to pay via Paypal when I purchased tablets from him. Below is the detail I have copied from my Paypal:

21 Nov 2010 Payment To Camisera Clothing Completed

Business Name:
    Camisera Clothing (The recipient of this payment is Non-US - Verified)
    Email:
    (Email Hidden for Privacy)

Business Contact Information

Customer Service URL: http://www.camisera.co.uk
    Customer Service Email: (Email Hidden for Privacy)
    Customer Service Phone: +44 8444823175
  14. intatrade

intatrade

My condolences to all that have lost money. Hopefully some lessons will have been learnt by this incident. I had contacted dedbay myself but was put off by the fact he wasn't VAT registered and his company didn't seem to be genuine. I guess from experience I "smelt a rat". In fact I discussed this with another advertiser on here and we both agreed that it would end in tears. He was actually admitting in his adverts that he was trying to evade the VAT! This really should have alerted people to the fact that he was breaking the law. I suspect he had a consignment (or more) stopped by customs and he couldn't/wouldn't pay the VAT on it.

If it's any use to anyone who has faulty tablets we can offer to take a look at them for you as we repair them all the time - we would have to charge a fee but we'll try to be as generous as we can be in order to help people on here. We are a genuine registered limited company and are vat registered!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.